- 15 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Mumbai Reception: Here Is Everything You Need To Know!
- News Farmers' unions issue dos and don'ts for tractor rally on Republic Day
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Odisha FC: Sloppy Odisha help Bengaluru rescue a point
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is gearing up to launch a brand new compact-SUV called the Urban Cruiser in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be based on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The Urban Cruiser was expected to launch in India sometime in August. However, owing to ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the nationwide lockdown announced in the country. Adding to the initial delay is the current Covid-19 situation in Bangalore, where the company's facility is located.
The Karanataka State Government has announced a temporary lockdown which resulted in halting Toyota's manufacturing plant located in Bidadi in Bangalore. The company has begun its operations again and would not have affected the timeline by a huge margin.
Coming back to the Urban Cruiser, according to recent reports, the compact-SUV is expected to arrive sometime in October during this year's festive season. Toyota will be aiming to boost sales with the launch of a new product in the market.
It is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Along with that, it is also expected to come with a host of features in addition to the ones already present in the Vitara Brezza. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes with LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs and the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Also, the compact SUV has been among the most competitive segment in the Indian market. There are many established models in the segment such as the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Vitara Brezza.
While we wait for the Toyota Urban Cruiser, it will soon be joined by the Kia Sonet, the Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV from Toyota is about to face some stiff competition from the existing and new rivals — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Expected India Launch In October
Once launched, the Toyota Urban Cruiser becomes the brand's entry-level SUV this is expected to be placed between the Glanza and the Yaris sedan in terms of pricing. The company has confirmed that it will make some changes to the SUV to tell it apart from the Vitara Brezza.