- 3 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 5 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 6 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 7 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Movies Mohanlal's New Still From Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham Wins The Internet!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Sports Lewandowski's extraordinary but Messi's from another planet – Vidal
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is gearing up to launch a brand new compact-SUV called the Urban Cruiser in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be based on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
The Urban Cruiser was expected to launch in India sometime in August. However, owing to ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the nationwide lockdown announced in the country. Adding to the initial delay is the current Covid-19 situation in Bangalore, where the company's facility is located.
The Karanataka State Government has announced a temporary lockdown which resulted in halting Toyota's manufacturing plant located in Bidadi in Bangalore. The company has begun its operations again and would not have affected the timeline by a huge margin.
Coming back to the Urban Cruiser, according to recent reports, the compact-SUV is expected to arrive sometime in October during this year's festive season. Toyota will be aiming to boost sales with the launch of a new product in the market.
It is expected to use the same engine and transmission that is currently featured on the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. It comes powered by a 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Along with that, it is also expected to come with a host of features in addition to the ones already present in the Vitara Brezza. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes with LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs and the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Also, the compact SUV has been among the most competitive segment in the Indian market. There are many established models in the segment such as the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Vitara Brezza.
While we wait for the Toyota Urban Cruiser, it will soon be joined by the Kia Sonet, the Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV from Toyota is about to face some stiff competition from the existing and new rivals — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Urban Cruiser Expected India Launch In October
Once launched, the Toyota Urban Cruiser becomes the brand's entry-level SUV this is expected to be placed between the Glanza and the Yaris sedan in terms of pricing. The company has confirmed that it will make some changes to the SUV to tell it apart from the Vitara Brezza.