- 56 min ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 18 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Big Relief For Vodafone; Wins Rs. 20,000 Crore Retrospective Case Dispute
- News To reclaim Shri Krishna Janmasthan land, suit filed iii Mathura court
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4 Ex-Contestant Kalyani Says She Felt Bad When Nagarjuna Didn't Allow Her To Talk
- Finance Gold And Silver Posted Their Biggest Weekly Losses Since March
- Sports Desperate action! Chennai Super Kings to change strategy after two defeats in three IPL 2020 matches
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has decided to restart production operations at its manufacturing plant in Karnataka beginning May 5, 2020. It will conduct preparatory operations to maintain hygiene among its entire workforce.
The company will restart the production in a phased manner, this will help them maintain a healthy environment and completely sanitize the shop floor as well. TKM will train its workforce in the initial days as part of the production restart procedure.
Mr Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales & Services, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said, "We thank the Government for the permission granted to the Industries in Rural areas to start operations. As a responsible corporate, TKM places the highest priority to the safety and well-being of our employees and other stakeholders and will continue working in concurrence with the State and Central Government's directives. TKM intends to restart operations at the earliest. With the inputs from various stakeholders, including the Government agencies, we have released a detailed "Restart Manual" in this regard."
Toyota Kirloskar Motor is gearing up to resume production. However, the company feels that the production will take time to reach normalcy as it is dependent on the suppliers who play a major role in the company's value chain. Other factors affecting the production restart are the dealers who are based in different parts of the country including cities that are still under a full lockdown.
"However, based on the latest directive issued by the government, TKM has decided to initiate a restart of some preparatory operations at the plant beginning 5th May, 2020. These preparatory operations are conducted to provide our workforce with an adequately safe environment to work in, duly prioritizing domains like spare parts supply as that is an important requirement from the markets where certain customer service activity has already started."
"Furthermore, we have developed certain crucial changes in guidelines for enhanced safe operations in all areas of work which would mean that the first few days will be spent on training our members on the new guidelines as well as ensuring safe materials and working environment. Hence, operations at our plant will resume in a phased manner, most importantly keeping in mind the needs of ‘social distancing' and sanitization," he further added.
In related news, Toyota has been one among many auto manufacturers who are helping the Indian government amid the Covid-19 outbreak. The company has made generous donations to help fight the ongoing battle.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has also provided various (PPE) Personal Protection Equipment supporting the frontline Corona warriors. These include facemasks, gloves, ventilators, sanitisation equipment — here are more details.
Thoughts About Toyota Kirloskar Motor Resuming Production In A Phased Manner
After the Indian Government gave permission to resume production operations in the country, most manufacturers are coming up with various guidelines to maintain hygiene among their workforce. We expect Toyota Kirloskar Motor to come up with the best, going by its Japanese production rule book.