- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Toyota Kirloskar Motors is continuously making efforts and supporting the central and state governments in fighting against the deadly coronavirus pandemic in the country.
As part of its continued support, the company will be providing its expertise to Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd. to scale up the production of face shields; to be distributed to healthcare workers and law enforcement agencies in Karnataka.
Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd. is a Bangalore-based major manufacturer of Springs in India. The company has taken up the initiative to manufacture face shields for healthcare workers, hospitals and all other medical facilities in the country, fighting against COVID-19.
The springs manufacturer initially had plans of producing 275 units of face shield per day. However, TKM has now teamed up with them to help scale up production quickly. Initially, the partnership has been successful in scaling up production from 275 units to 5500 units per day. TKM is now aiming to ramp up production even more, with a focus to achieve 10,000 units of face shield every day.
Raju B Ketkale, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said
"Toyota has always supported its supplier partners and when Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd announced their plans to develop and manufacture face shields for the public health workforce, we joined their initiative to share our best practices in Toyota Production System (TPS) and enhance their manufacturing capacity of face shields in support of their cause."
"I congratulate both the teams in achieving such fantastic scaling in a short time despite so many constraints. Times like these call for all of us to come together and put our collective efforts and come out victorious."
Satish Machani Managing Director, Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd. said,
"In these challenging times, the Central and State governments have set forth remarkable efforts to combat the crisis and overcome this devastation. At this juncture of nationwide distress, as a responsible corporate, this is our contribution to government efforts in battling this crisis."
"We are thankful to Toyota for providing us with the necessary support and technical guidance in enhancing the production capacity at this hour of need. This not only helped us simplify our processes but also provided required assistance."
Thoughts On Toyota Supporting Supplier Initiatives To Fight COVID-19 In India
Toyota is doing a remarkable job, supporting both the central and state governments fight against COVID-19 in every way possible. The company has already donated large sums of money towards central and state relief funds and now are supporting their suppliers to scale up production of medical equipment as well.