- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Toyota Kirloskar Motors is continuously making efforts and supporting the central and state governments in fighting against the deadly coronavirus pandemic in the country.
As part of its continued support, the company will be providing its expertise to Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd. to scale up the production of face shields; to be distributed to healthcare workers and law enforcement agencies in Karnataka.
Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd. is a Bangalore-based major manufacturer of Springs in India. The company has taken up the initiative to manufacture face shields for healthcare workers, hospitals and all other medical facilities in the country, fighting against COVID-19.
The springs manufacturer initially had plans of producing 275 units of face shield per day. However, TKM has now teamed up with them to help scale up production quickly. Initially, the partnership has been successful in scaling up production from 275 units to 5500 units per day. TKM is now aiming to ramp up production even more, with a focus to achieve 10,000 units of face shield every day.
Raju B Ketkale, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said
"Toyota has always supported its supplier partners and when Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd announced their plans to develop and manufacture face shields for the public health workforce, we joined their initiative to share our best practices in Toyota Production System (TPS) and enhance their manufacturing capacity of face shields in support of their cause."
"I congratulate both the teams in achieving such fantastic scaling in a short time despite so many constraints. Times like these call for all of us to come together and put our collective efforts and come out victorious."
Satish Machani Managing Director, Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Springs Pvt Ltd. said,
"In these challenging times, the Central and State governments have set forth remarkable efforts to combat the crisis and overcome this devastation. At this juncture of nationwide distress, as a responsible corporate, this is our contribution to government efforts in battling this crisis."
"We are thankful to Toyota for providing us with the necessary support and technical guidance in enhancing the production capacity at this hour of need. This not only helped us simplify our processes but also provided required assistance."
Thoughts On Toyota Supporting Supplier Initiatives To Fight COVID-19 In India
Toyota is doing a remarkable job, supporting both the central and state governments fight against COVID-19 in every way possible. The company has already donated large sums of money towards central and state relief funds and now are supporting their suppliers to scale up production of medical equipment as well.