- 9 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Toyota Kirloskar Motors is looking to start the year 2021 with a bang. The company will be launching the much-awaited Fortuner facelift model on January 6, 2021. The new Fortuner will replace the outgoing model which was last updated in 2016.
Toyota will most likely introduce the ‘Legender' variant of the 2021 Fortuner. The special-edition variant of the SUV will feature a host of cosmetic changes over the standard model. This includes several blacked-out trims and more. The SUV was recently spotted undisguised — here are all details.
Speaking about the Fortuner facelift model, it will be similar to the international-spec model already unveiled in various markets. The updated SUV features a host of updates interior and exterior updates.
This includes a restyled front bumper, sleek-looking headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, redesigned blacked-out grille and the central air intake, and a new faux skid plate; among others. Other exterior updates include new LED tail lights, boot lid, new rear bumper design and 18-inch alloy wheels as well.
Moving to the interiors, the SUV features minor improvements. Starting with a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system that now supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other feature additions include an updated instrument cluster, eight-way adjustable front seats, nine-speaker JBL audio system, and more.
Apart from the updated features list, the rest of the equipment will be carried over from the outgoing model. This includes safety features such as multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, vehicle stability control, ISOFIX child seat anchorage and more.
In international markets, the Fortuner has been updated with a powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces more than 204bhp and 500Nm of torque. In comparison, the same engine in the India-spec SUV produces 175bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic gearbox. Whether Toyota will bring the updated engine to the Indian-spec Fortuner facelift model remains to be seen.
In addition to the diesel powertrain, it will also be offered with the 2.7-litre petrol engine from the outgoing model. The petrol unit produces a maximum of 165bhp and a peak torque of 245Nm. It comes mated to a five-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2021 Fortuner features a host of updates over the outgoing model. As a result, the facelifted SUV expected to receive a slight increase in its pricing when launched in the country. The outgoing Fortuner retails between 28.66 lakh and 34.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift Launching In India
The Toyota Fortuner is the brand's flagship SUV model in the country. The SUV is getting a much-needed update to help stand out against its newly launched rivals in the segment. Once launched the new Toyota Fortuner facelift model will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Skoda Kodiaq, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the MG Gloster SUV in the market.