- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Indian auto industry is slowly working its way back to near-normalcy, post the COVID-19 lockdown which lasted close to two months. Vehicle manufacturers have slowly restarted production operations since mid-May when the government announced relaxations in the lockdown regulations.
Amidst the restart of vehicle sales in India, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has emerged as the best-selling MPV in the Indian market in the previous month.
The Maruti Ertiga registered a sales of 2,353 units in May 2020, amidst the restart of operations of company dealerships across the country. This is still a massive decline of around 73% compared to May 2019 when the Ertiga registered close to 9000 units of sales.
Following the Ertiga is the Mahindra Bolero in the second position on the list. The Mahindra Bolero registered 1,715 units of sales in the previous month. This is a 71% drop compared to May 2019 when sales of the Bolero stood higher at 5,947 units.
Third on the list is the budget-friendly Renault Triber MPV. The sub-4-metre entry-level MPV offering from the French brand registered 931 units of sales in the month of May 2020. The Triber since its launch has been received extremely well, helping Renault to bounce back in terms of sales in the Indian market.
The Toyota Innova Crysta comes in fourth on the list with 759 units of sales. The popular MPV has registered a massive 87% drop in sales compared to May 2019 when it registered 5,631 units of sales. The Toyota Innova Crysta recently received a price hike across its entire variant lineup by up to Rs 61,000 — here are the details.
The premium MPV offering from Maruti Suzuki, the XL6 completed the top-five with 711 units of sales. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 is the premium six-seater version of the Ertiga and is sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships across the country.
|4||Toyota Innova Crysta||759||5,631||-87|
|6||Datsun Go Plus||62||242||-74|
The Datsun GO+ came in sixth position with 62 units of sales in the previous month. This is again a 74% drop in sales when compared to the 242 units sold in May 2019. The GO+ is yet another sub-4-metre MPV offering in the Indian market, similar to its cousin, the Renault Triber.
Following the Datsun GO+ are two new entrants in the MPV segment, the Kia Carnival and the Toyota Vellfire. The Kia Carnival registered 50 units of sales while the Toyota Vellfire recorded 32 units to take seventh and eighth place on the list, respectively.
The final two models in the list are the Mahindra Marazzo and the Xylo. However, both models registered 0 units of sales in the previous month. The Marazzo dropped from 1,381 units of sales while the Xylo had registered 312 units in May 2019.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling MPV In India For May 2020
The top-selling MPV list in India has had a major reshuffling in the Indian market, with almost every model recovering from major losses over the past two months. However, with the restart of operations now underway, we can expect the demand to grow in the coming months.