- 1 hr ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 2 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 3 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- News Officials launch online flood reporting system in Assam
- Sports CSK arrange oxygen concentrators for COVID-19 patients
- Movies Mother’s Day 2021: Himani Shivpuri, Shubhangi Atre And Farhana On Their Special Bond With Their Kids
- Finance Silver Outruns Gold In Returns In The Week To May 7, 2021: Can The Trend Continue?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The list for the top-selling MPV in India for the month of December 2019 has been released. The table showcases the Maruti Ertiga continues its lead as the best-selling MPV in the Indian market for yet another month. The Renault Triber enters the third spot, overtaking the Toyota Innova Crysta in terms of sales.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has continued to lead the top-10 sales chart in the Indian MPV segment for yet another month. The Ertiga MPV registered 6,650 units of sales in the month of December 2019, putting it well above its rivals. This is, however, a 7% decline in sales compared to December 2018 when the MPV registered a slightly higher 7,155 units of sales.
The second position on the list of top-10 is occupied by the Mahindra Bolero. The Bolero MPV has been on sale in the Indian market for quite a while now. The MPV registered a 17% increase in the Indian market during the previous month, with 5,661 units of sales compared to 4,832 units in December 2018.
The Renault Triber has turned out to be an amazing success for the French brand which was struggling in the Indian market. The budget-friendly sub-4 metre compact MPV from Renault registered sales of 5,631 units in December 2019, just 30 units short of the Bolero.
The ever-popular Toyota Innova Crysta came in fourth position in terms of sales, registering 3,414 units in the previous month. The arrival of the Renault Triber has put a dent in its sales, however, the company did introduce the BS6 variant recently; hoping to improve sales in the coming months.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6, a premium iteration of the Ertiga MPV finished behind the Innova Crysta to complete the top-five. The Maruti XL6 registered 2,521 units of sales in December 2019. The premium six-seater iteration, the XL6, is sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships and comes with a number of additional features and equipment, compared to the Ertiga.
|4||Toyota Innova Crysta||3,414||6,551||-48|
The bottom five on the list starts off with the Mahindra Marazzo in the sixth position. The Mahindra Marazzo was launched in mid-2018 and has sold in decent numbers since its introduction.
During the month of December 2019, the Marazzo registered sales of 1,292 units. However, this is a massive decline of 60% compared to its sales during the same month last year when it recorded 3,206 units of sales.
The bottom four on the list is made up of the Tata Hexa, Honda BR-V, Datsun GO+ and the Mahindra Xylo. The Tata Hexa registered sales of 317 units; Honda BR-V registered 82 units of sales while the Datsun GO+ and the Mahindra Xylo recorded 67 and 41 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling MPV In India For December 2019
The top-selling MPV in the Indian market continues to be the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. The MPV was updated in the country during the earlier part of last year and since then has improved in sales performance.