- 29 min ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 8 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- News India GDP growth dips to 3.1 pc in Jan-Mar; 4.2 pc in 2019-20
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Sports Waqar Younis announces to quit social media after Twitter handle gets hacked, obscene video liked by hacker
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The list for the top-selling MPV in India for the month of December 2019 has been released. The table showcases the Maruti Ertiga continues its lead as the best-selling MPV in the Indian market for yet another month. The Renault Triber enters the third spot, overtaking the Toyota Innova Crysta in terms of sales.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has continued to lead the top-10 sales chart in the Indian MPV segment for yet another month. The Ertiga MPV registered 6,650 units of sales in the month of December 2019, putting it well above its rivals. This is, however, a 7% decline in sales compared to December 2018 when the MPV registered a slightly higher 7,155 units of sales.
The second position on the list of top-10 is occupied by the Mahindra Bolero. The Bolero MPV has been on sale in the Indian market for quite a while now. The MPV registered a 17% increase in the Indian market during the previous month, with 5,661 units of sales compared to 4,832 units in December 2018.
The Renault Triber has turned out to be an amazing success for the French brand which was struggling in the Indian market. The budget-friendly sub-4 metre compact MPV from Renault registered sales of 5,631 units in December 2019, just 30 units short of the Bolero.
The ever-popular Toyota Innova Crysta came in fourth position in terms of sales, registering 3,414 units in the previous month. The arrival of the Renault Triber has put a dent in its sales, however, the company did introduce the BS6 variant recently; hoping to improve sales in the coming months.
The Maruti Suzuki XL6, a premium iteration of the Ertiga MPV finished behind the Innova Crysta to complete the top-five. The Maruti XL6 registered 2,521 units of sales in December 2019. The premium six-seater iteration, the XL6, is sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships and comes with a number of additional features and equipment, compared to the Ertiga.
|4||Toyota Innova Crysta||3,414||6,551||-48|
The bottom five on the list starts off with the Mahindra Marazzo in the sixth position. The Mahindra Marazzo was launched in mid-2018 and has sold in decent numbers since its introduction.
During the month of December 2019, the Marazzo registered sales of 1,292 units. However, this is a massive decline of 60% compared to its sales during the same month last year when it recorded 3,206 units of sales.
The bottom four on the list is made up of the Tata Hexa, Honda BR-V, Datsun GO+ and the Mahindra Xylo. The Tata Hexa registered sales of 317 units; Honda BR-V registered 82 units of sales while the Datsun GO+ and the Mahindra Xylo recorded 67 and 41 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling MPV In India For December 2019
The top-selling MPV in the Indian market continues to be the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. The MPV was updated in the country during the earlier part of last year and since then has improved in sales performance.