- just now Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Technology OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition Bold Black Color Option Launched: Where To Buy?
- News ED files money laundering case against former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Sports Curry's Warriors take down NBA-leading Jazz, Westbrook enters record books
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
American electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Inc. will be arriving in the Indian market sometime next year. The company is expected to enter the market with its entry-level model, the Model 3. Elon Musk, Founder & CEO, Tesla Inc has confirmed the news of the brand's arrival in the country.
The latest report from ET Auto adds further to the news of Tesla's arrival. According to the report, the company will launch its first car in June 2021. The report also states that the bookings for the Model 3 will open in January 2021.
Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country. Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
The report also suggests that the deliveries of the Model 3 will begin from the first quarter of 2021-22 in the country. Tesla is expected to price the Model between Rs 55 lakh and 60 lakh, ex-showroom. The company will be directly selling the electric vehicles in Indian without a dealer.
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric-car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The company is also looking to set up a new R&D facility in the country. Based on media reports, Tesla is exploring its options to set up a facility in Bangalore, Karnataka. The State has announced a new EV policy that will help companies like Tesla and other EV manufacturers to locally produce and sell their products across the country.
Thoughts About The Tesla Entering India With The Model 3 Next Year
Telsa fans in Indian can rejoice based on the recent report. The American electric vehicle brand will finally enter the Indian market next year. However, the Model 3 will be a premium offering in terms of pricing. Whether the upcoming electric car will fair well in our price-sensitive market remains to be seen.