- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Technology Amazon Upto 70% Off On Boat Headphones, Speakers, Home Theaters And More
- Movies Splitsvilla 13: Ace Of Space Fame Nikita Bhamidipati Confirmed As One Of The Contestants
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Finance Route Mobile Up 100% Since Listing As FPIs Up Stake
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
American electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Inc. will be arriving in the Indian market sometime next year. The company is expected to enter the market with its entry-level model, the Model 3. Elon Musk, Founder & CEO, Tesla Inc has confirmed the news of the brand's arrival in the country.
The latest report from ET Auto adds further to the news of Tesla's arrival. According to the report, the company will launch its first car in June 2021. The report also states that the bookings for the Model 3 will open in January 2021.
Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country. Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
The report also suggests that the deliveries of the Model 3 will begin from the first quarter of 2021-22 in the country. Tesla is expected to price the Model between Rs 55 lakh and 60 lakh, ex-showroom. The company will be directly selling the electric vehicles in Indian without a dealer.
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric-car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The company is also looking to set up a new R&D facility in the country. Based on media reports, Tesla is exploring its options to set up a facility in Bangalore, Karnataka. The State has announced a new EV policy that will help companies like Tesla and other EV manufacturers to locally produce and sell their products across the country.
Thoughts About The Tesla Entering India With The Model 3 Next Year
Telsa fans in Indian can rejoice based on the recent report. The American electric vehicle brand will finally enter the Indian market next year. However, the Model 3 will be a premium offering in terms of pricing. Whether the upcoming electric car will fair well in our price-sensitive market remains to be seen.