- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- News Visva Bharti asks Bengal govt to measure Amartya Sen’s Santiniketan plot
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Movies Krack Day 7 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Continues To Storm The Box Office
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tesla earlier this month had a discussion with the Karnataka Government that the company is likely to invest in a research facility in Bengaluru. This news was reported by ET Auto. The talks about the facility are still at the initial stage and a followup meeting is supposed to take place by the end of this month during which the state officials are expected to present a detailed proposal to the Tesla executives.
If this research facility opens in Bengaluru, then India will be the second country after the US where Tesla will be having a research centre. Also, this development would bump up Karnataka's image with a very high-profile. However, Karnataka is already known as a research and development hub for sectors such as aviation, biotechnology, and information technology. Bengaluru is also a home to several other large R&D centres, which include General Electric's first and largest global lab outside the US, John F. Welch Technology Centre (JFWTC), IBM, Samsung and many more.
We had also reported earlier that Elon Musk pulled the covers off the Tesla Model 3 on March 31, 2016. The Model 3 was released in July 2017, more than 5,00,000 people had already pre-order the car, among which 232,000 had done so in the first two days after the EV's unveiling. However, someone asked Elon Musk via twitter that when will the Model 3 launch in India, as he had booked the car 4 years ago. To which Musk replied: "Sorry, should hopefully be soon!". This indicates that the Model 3 will be launching sometime soon in the Indian market.
Presently, Tesla offers four models that include the Model S, Model 3, Model X, Roadster and Model Y. However, the Tesla Model 3, will be offered in three variants - Performance, Long Range AWD and Standard Plus. Speaking about performance, in a sprint of 0 to 100km/h the performance variant does it in 3.6 seconds whereas the standard and long-range variants take 5.3 seconds and 4.4 seconds, respectively.
Thoughts About The Tesla Opening A Research Facility In India
Well, it will be really nice if Tesla opens a research facility in India and we are very eagerly waiting for the company to enter the Indian market. Long gone are those days when electric vehicles were considered boring and drab. Thanks to Tesla, these electric cars are extremely fast and they are also fun-to-drive.