- 23 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Movies Ridhima Pandit Pens Heartfelt Note After Her Mother's Demise: Your Name Won't Flash On My Phone Again
- Technology LG Wing That Launched At Rs. 69,990 Now Selling For Only Rs. 29,999
- Finance RBL Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check The Latest Rates Here
- News New COVID-19 guidelines in UP as cases spike
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Education Haryana Board Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 10th And 12th
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs MI Dream11 Team Prediction, Tips, Probable Playing 11 Details
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Tesla earlier this month had a discussion with the Karnataka Government that the company is likely to invest in a research facility in Bengaluru. This news was reported by ET Auto. The talks about the facility are still at the initial stage and a followup meeting is supposed to take place by the end of this month during which the state officials are expected to present a detailed proposal to the Tesla executives.
If this research facility opens in Bengaluru, then India will be the second country after the US where Tesla will be having a research centre. Also, this development would bump up Karnataka's image with a very high-profile. However, Karnataka is already known as a research and development hub for sectors such as aviation, biotechnology, and information technology. Bengaluru is also a home to several other large R&D centres, which include General Electric's first and largest global lab outside the US, John F. Welch Technology Centre (JFWTC), IBM, Samsung and many more.
We had also reported earlier that Elon Musk pulled the covers off the Tesla Model 3 on March 31, 2016. The Model 3 was released in July 2017, more than 5,00,000 people had already pre-order the car, among which 232,000 had done so in the first two days after the EV's unveiling. However, someone asked Elon Musk via twitter that when will the Model 3 launch in India, as he had booked the car 4 years ago. To which Musk replied: "Sorry, should hopefully be soon!". This indicates that the Model 3 will be launching sometime soon in the Indian market.
Presently, Tesla offers four models that include the Model S, Model 3, Model X, Roadster and Model Y. However, the Tesla Model 3, will be offered in three variants - Performance, Long Range AWD and Standard Plus. Speaking about performance, in a sprint of 0 to 100km/h the performance variant does it in 3.6 seconds whereas the standard and long-range variants take 5.3 seconds and 4.4 seconds, respectively.
Thoughts About The Tesla Opening A Research Facility In India
Well, it will be really nice if Tesla opens a research facility in India and we are very eagerly waiting for the company to enter the Indian market. Long gone are those days when electric vehicles were considered boring and drab. Thanks to Tesla, these electric cars are extremely fast and they are also fun-to-drive.