- 28 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Tata Motors has announced a new production milestone in the Indian market. The company recently announced the roll-out of the 1000th unit of their Nexon EV SUV in the country. The Tata Nexon EV has been received extremely well in the Indian market, achieving the milestone in just 6 months of its commercial launch.
The Tata Nexon EV priced between Rs 14 lakh to Rs 16 lakh, ex-showroom in the Indian market, was launched around March 2020. Since its launch, the positive response for the SUV has led it to become the leader in India's electric car segment. The Tata Nexon EV currently holds a majority of 62% market share in the segment.
Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors Ltd. said,
"Acceptance of EVs is accelerating fast, and we are seeing growing interest in it from all parts of the country. The rollout of the 1000th Nexon EV in a short time span, despite the challenges of Covid-19, reflects the rising interest of personal segment buyers in EVs."
He further added, "Tata Motors will continue to innovate and develop comprehensive sustainable mobility solutions meeting global standards. EVs are the future and as the industry leader, we are committed to making them desirable and a mainstream choice for the customers."
Talking about the Nexon EV itself, the SUV comes powered by a 95kW electric motor paired with a 30.2kWh lithium battery pack. The powertrain produces 128bhp and 245Nm of peak torque, allowing the electric SUV to sprint to a top speed of 122km/h with a 0 - 100km/h time of 9.9 seconds.
Tata Motors claims that the Nexon EV offers an ARAI-certified range of 312km on a single charge. However, during our first drive experience, we got a real-world range of around 270km — read our Tata Nexon EV first-drive review here.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV Production Milestone
The Tata Nexon EV has managed to receive an extremely positive response in the Indian market. The production milestone is proof of its success, with Tata Motors hoping to further improve these numbers in the coming months.