- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors has announced a new production milestone in the Indian market. The company recently announced the roll-out of the 1000th unit of their Nexon EV SUV in the country. The Tata Nexon EV has been received extremely well in the Indian market, achieving the milestone in just 6 months of its commercial launch.
The Tata Nexon EV priced between Rs 14 lakh to Rs 16 lakh, ex-showroom in the Indian market, was launched around March 2020. Since its launch, the positive response for the SUV has led it to become the leader in India's electric car segment. The Tata Nexon EV currently holds a majority of 62% market share in the segment.
Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors Ltd. said,
"Acceptance of EVs is accelerating fast, and we are seeing growing interest in it from all parts of the country. The rollout of the 1000th Nexon EV in a short time span, despite the challenges of Covid-19, reflects the rising interest of personal segment buyers in EVs."
He further added, "Tata Motors will continue to innovate and develop comprehensive sustainable mobility solutions meeting global standards. EVs are the future and as the industry leader, we are committed to making them desirable and a mainstream choice for the customers."
Talking about the Nexon EV itself, the SUV comes powered by a 95kW electric motor paired with a 30.2kWh lithium battery pack. The powertrain produces 128bhp and 245Nm of peak torque, allowing the electric SUV to sprint to a top speed of 122km/h with a 0 - 100km/h time of 9.9 seconds.
Tata Motors claims that the Nexon EV offers an ARAI-certified range of 312km on a single charge. However, during our first drive experience, we got a real-world range of around 270km — read our Tata Nexon EV first-drive review here.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV Production Milestone
The Tata Nexon EV has managed to receive an extremely positive response in the Indian market. The production milestone is proof of its success, with Tata Motors hoping to further improve these numbers in the coming months.