- 19 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
The Tata Nexon EV deliveries have begun in India. The first batch of electric SUVs were delivered to customers across the country. The Tata Nexon EV is the cheapest electric SUV on sale currently in the Indian market.
Tata Motors started accepting Bookings for the Nexon EV back in December 2019 ahead of its launch. The company launched the Nexon EV on February 29th this year, and with an aggressive starting price of Rs 13.99 lakh. While the top-spec variant retails at Rs 15.99 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Tata Nexon features a 95kW electric motor, and comes paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It produces 129bhp and 245Nm of peak torque with power sent to the front wheels. The Nexon EV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. However, the real-world range can be between 250 - 300km.
The Tata Nexon EV buyers also get a complimentary home charging station installed by the company. To further enhance the EV buying experience Tata Motors will set up fast-charging stations in major cities for customer convenience as well.
The charge times for the home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge, while the fast-charging technology charges the Nexon EV batteries from 0 - 80% in just 60 mins. The Nexon EV features regenerative braking which charges the batteries while braking resulting in an increased driving range.
The Tata Nexon EV features a host of equipment. These include keyless entry, a push-button start/stop, fully-automatic climate control, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, reverse park assist with camera, and much more.
The Tata Nexon EV rivals the MG ZS EV and the Hyundai Kona in the Indian market. Both the rivals are priced at a higher price point and offer much more in terms of features and driving range. However, Tata Nexon EV SUV is practical offering decent performance, driving range, features, and is significantly priced lower over its rivals.
We have driven the Nexon EV testing the various features and characteristics of the electric SUV. To know more about the performance of the Tata Nexon EV — read our detailed review here.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Started In India
One of the most important brands has joined the electric revolution in India. Most buyers in the electric vehicle segment were often made to choose an expensive option, and make the move from conventional mobility to electric mobility. However, with the Tata Nexon EV, the buyers can look at owning a spacious and practical electric SUV at a much lower price point, and also have the satisfaction of contributing to a greener tomorrow.