- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- Movies Minissha Lamba On Parting Ways With Husband Ryan Tham: Life Goes On & The Most Important Thing Is To Be Happy
- News Has China constructed village in Arunachal? Chidambaram demands explanation from govt on BJP MP's claim
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Tata Nexon EV has found a special place in the garage of Mr N. Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons & Tata Motors. The electric SUV was delivered to the Chairman and his wife Lalitha Chandrasekaran on the auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi by Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicle Business Unit.
The Nexon recently achieved 1,000 units production as the milestone electric SUV rolled out from its manufacturing facility in Pune. The Nexon EV is currently the cheapest electric SUV on sale in the country.
Tata Motors is offering the Nexon EV in three variants, with the base variant priced at Rs 13.99 lakh. While the top-spec variant retails at Rs 15.99 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Further, the company has announced a subscription-based ownership model for the Tata Nexon EV to provide an easier option to own the electric-SUV. Customers looking to buy the Nexon EV can choose from various plans available starting with Rs 41,900 per month — here are more details.
Speaking about the Nexon EV, it is the brand's first model to use Ziptron technology. The Ziptron technology that supports high-voltage architecture for increased range, speed and fast charging. Electric powertrains producing above 60V are considered as high-voltage architectures.
The Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 129bhp and 245Nm of peak torque with power sent to the front wheels.
The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. This can be slightly less with the actual usage depending on several factors, and the real-wold mileage is rated between 250km and 300km. Nexon EV also features regenerative braking technology, which results in increased driving range.
Speaking of features, The Tata Nexon EV features a host of equipment including keyless entry, a push-button start/stop, fully-automatic climate control, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto; among others.
The Tata Nexon EV does not have a direct rival in the Indian market. Other models such as the Hyundai Kona EV and the MG ZS EV have been placed higher-up the price bracket.
However, it is about to receive stiff competition from the upcoming Mahindra eXUV300. The Mahindra electric SUV is expected to be launched during mid-2021 and it could feature a maximum driving range of over 370 kilometres.
Thoughts About Tata Nexon EV Delivered To N Chandrasekaran Chairman Tata Sons & Tata Motors
Tata Nexon EV is home-grown electric SUV that offers a perfect balance between practicality and performance. It is suitable for everyday use and occasional long-distance journey on the outskirts of the city. Find a place inside the Chairman's garage is certainly a proud moment for the vehicle and the team behind the Nexon EV.