- 23 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 5 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Kevin De Bruyne injured: How will Man City cope without their talisman
- Lifestyle After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Pavitra Rishta's Karan Veer Mehra-Nidhi's Wedding Functions Begin: Couple Looks Adorable At Mehendi Ceremony
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Tata Motors has partnered with Orix Auto Infrastructure Services Limited to provide unique ownership plans to Nexon EV buyers in the country. The brand's flagship electric-SUV is now available for purchase via monthly subscriptions plans.
Customers looking to buy the Nexon EV can choose from various plans available starting with Rs 41,900 per month. They can choose from various tenure period which are 18 months, 24 months, and 36 months depending upon the requirements.
After the subscription tenure is completed, customers have a choice to either extend the plan or return the vehicle. The latest service is currently being offered in 5 cities: Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
Speaking about the new ownership plan, Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors said, "EVs are the future, and as the leader of this fast-growing segment, Tata Motors is committed to popularise their access and use in India.
With this novel subscription model, we are making it more convenient for interested users of EVs to experience their myriad benefits. It is ideal for customers preferring ‘usership' over ownership in the rapidly growing era of the sharing economy."
The company claims that the new subscription model will cater to a wider customers base, with its customised plans. It will appeal to corporates employees who prefer to lease, and individuals with frequent inter-city job transfers; among others.
Speaking about the Nexon EV itself, it is offered in three variants, with the base variant priced at Rs 13.99 lakh. While the top-spec variant retails at Rs 15.99 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The Tata Nexon EV, when launched, became the cheapest electric-SUV sold in the Indian market.
The Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 129bhp and 245Nm of peak torque with power sent to the front wheels.
The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. This can be slightly less with the actual usage depending on several factors, and the real-wold milage is rated between 250km and 300km.
The charge times for Nexon EV via a home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge. While charing the SUV through a fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 60 mins.
The electric SUV also features regenerative braking technology. This charges the batteries while braking resulting in an increased driving range.
Speaking of features, the Tata Nexon EV features a host of equipment including keyless entry, a push-button start/stop, fully-automatic climate control, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto; among others.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV Monthly Subscription Plans Introduced
Tata Motors aims to attract more buyers to the Nexon EV with the new subscription-based ownership model. The company claims that the new scheme is flexible and will appeal to most EV buyers in the country.