- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Tata Motors has released teasers for their Nexon SUV in the Indian market. These teasers showcase just the Nexon SUV, indicating an update in some form. The images just reads, "2 days to go, keep following to discover the #NextLevel".
Although there is no clarity on what this could be, we expect it to be the much-awaited introduction of the Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) unit from Tata Motors.
If true, the Tata Nexon will be the brand's first recipient of the new transmission system in the country. Also, the Tata Nexon DCT will go on sale on the 2nd of September, just before the arrival of its latest rival, the Kia Sonet.
Tata Motors will be hoping that the introduction of the Nexon DCT in the market, will help boost its sales, especially against its new rivals in the segment.
The Tata Nexon is already a popular offering in the compact-SUV market, however, the Kia Sonet is a real-threat, especially after it registered over 6,500 bookings within the first 24 hours since it began — read about it here.
The Tata Nexon was first introduced in India, back in 2017 and since then has managed to consistently bring in good sales volume month-on-month. The company earlier in 2020, updated the Nexon to be part of its new Impact 2.0 design philosophy, which gave it a much-required design update.
The current-generation Nexon is offered with two engine options: a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol producing 120bhp and 170Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre diesel churning out 110bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the optional six-speed AT as well.
The new DCT if introduced on the Tata Nexon could be limited to just the top-spec petrol-powered variants, with the mid and low-range trims continuing with the 6AT gearbox choice. This will help Tata Motors to keep the cost of the DCT-equipped variants in the competitive range.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon DCT Teaser
The Tata Nexon as mentioned is a popular offering in the Indian compact-SUV segment. The Nexon SUV currently rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300.
However, in the coming months, the Nexon will have more rivals in the market as well. This includes the Toyota Urban Cruiser, Kia Sonet and the Nissan Magnite.