- 5 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 7 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 7 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 9 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies As KBC 12 Concludes With Its Grand Finale, Can You Answer These Winning Rs 1 Crore Questions Of The Season?
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- News No COVID-19 vaccine request from Pakistan: India
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Kia Motors India globally unveiled the Sonet SUV on the 7th of August and bookings for the compact-SUV began on the 20th August 2020. Now, in just one day, the Kia Sonet has managed to record 6,523 units of bookings in the Indian market.
The Kia Sonet bookings are open both online and at company dealerships across India. Customers can book the compact-SUV for an amount of Rs 25,000. The Sonet is expected to go on sale in India sometime in the coming weeks, with deliveries said to begin post-launch.
Commenting on the response for the Sonet, Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"The tremendous response to the all-new Sonet proves that there is never a bad time to launch a good product. It also shows that the faith of Indian consumers in Brand Kia has grown leaps and bounds over just one year of our operation in India."
"With the Sonet, we offer customers a product that boasts world-class quality, powerful design, cutting-edge technology, unparalleled features and a staggering variety of options."
Talking about deliveries, he further added, "I would like to assure the customers that Kia Motors is fully committed to delivering their Sonet in the least time possible with our Anantapur plant operating with optimum efficiency."
Similar to its larger sibling, the Seltos, the Kia Sonet will be available in two trim levels: Tech-line and GT-line. Both variants will further come with a host of features, technology and equipment, making them extremely attractive offerings in the segment.
This includes LED lights all around, stylish alloy wheels, large infotainment system with Smartphone connectivity, digital display on the instrument cluster, cruise control, ventilated seats, wireless charging and many more.
In terms of powertrain, the Kia Sonet will come powered by a choice of three engine options. This includes two petrol units: 1.2-litre and 1.0-litre T-GDi and a single 1.5-litre diesel engine. All three engine come with different transmission options as well, including a six-speed manual, automatic, iMT and a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Bookings Record
The Kia Sonet seems to have gotten off to a flying start, even before being launched in India. The Sonet is expected to be priced in the Rs 8 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom range, which could further help boost its sales.
Once launched, the Sonet will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Hyundai Venue and Ford EcoSport to name a few.