- 20 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Sports Clubs forced to rethink recruitment strategy as virus impacts transfer market
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Technology Huawei Enjoy Z 5G With MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Processor Launched In Affordable 5G Segment
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors recently updated the compact-SUV with a mid-cycle facelift. The company also updated its engines to comply with BS6 standards. The BS6 Nexon manual variant retails at a starting price of Rs 6.95 lakh, while the prices for AMT variants start at Rs 8.30 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Tata Nexon compact-SUV is offered with two engine options: 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol unit producing 118bhp and 170Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine churning out 108bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a six-speed manual transmission and a six-speed AMT gearbox.
Talking about the mileage figures of the Tata Nexon AMT variants, according to Autocar India, the BS6 Nexon petrol AMT variant returns a mileage of 16km/l. In comparison, the petrol manual returns 17.4km/l; this is 1.4km/l more than the automatic variant.
The Tata Nexon diesel AMT variant returns an average fuel economy of 22.4km/l. The company has tuned the engine and the AMT transmission to achieve the same fuel efficiency as its manual variant, which returns an identical figure of 22.4 km/l as well.
The Tata Nexon rivals the Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300 in the Indian market. In a detailed comparison of the petrol automatic compact SUVs, we can report that the Nexon petrol AMT offers decent fuel efficiency figures as compared to its rivals.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza offers best-in-class-mileage with 18.79kmp/l. This is due to the compact-SUV featuring the brand's ‘SVHS' mild-hybrid system. The next model to offer better mileage in the segment is the Hyundai Venue, which returns 18.0kmp/l. However, the Tata Nexon outperforms the Ford Ecosport, which returns only 14.7km/l (lowest in the segment).
The Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300 are the only SUVs in the segment to offer a diesel-automatic powertrain option in the Indian market. While there are no details about the mileage figures of the Mahindra XUV300 diesel automatic, we expect it to be similar to that of the Nexon.
In related news, the company is gearing up to launch a turbo-petrol variant of its premium hatchback, the Altroz. The upcoming variant of the Tata Altroz is expected to be offered with a de-tuned turbo-petrol engine borrowed from the Nexon. It is also expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon AMT BS6 Mileage Figures Revealed
The mid-lifecycle facelift of the Tata Nexon improved the features and design of the compact-SUV. With an impressive mileage of 22.4km/l in an automatic variant, the Tata Nexon offers a great value proposition to buyers who are looking to purchase a diesel automatic compact-SUV because of its practicality, ease of use, and better mileage in the segment.