- 1 hr ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- 1 hr ago Triumph Trident 660 Pre-Bookings Begin In Indian Market: Launch Expected Soon
- 1 hr ago The Valley Run 2020 Schedule Announced: Time To Burn Some Rubber
- 2 hrs ago Best-Selling Bikes & Scooters In India For October 2020: Here Are The Top-Sellers Last Month!
- News SC rejects sacked BSF Jawan’s plea challenging PM Modi’s election from Varanasi
- Movies Nayanthara Spends Quality Time With Kunchacko Boban’s Family On The Sets Of Nizhal; See Viral Pic
- Technology Moto G 5G, Moto G9 Power India Launch Soon: What To Expect?
- Finance 3 Reasons The Nifty Hit A Record 13,000 Points
- Sports India tour of Australia: Michael Clarke says Japrit Bumrah needs to be aggressive to Aussie batsmen
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna In Ethnic Suit And Crop Top-Skirt, Which Printed Ensemble Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Tata Motors recently updated the compact-SUV with a mid-cycle facelift. The company also updated its engines to comply with BS6 standards. The BS6 Nexon manual variant retails at a starting price of Rs 6.95 lakh, while the prices for AMT variants start at Rs 8.30 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Tata Nexon compact-SUV is offered with two engine options: 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol unit producing 118bhp and 170Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine churning out 108bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a six-speed manual transmission and a six-speed AMT gearbox.
Talking about the mileage figures of the Tata Nexon AMT variants, according to Autocar India, the BS6 Nexon petrol AMT variant returns a mileage of 16km/l. In comparison, the petrol manual returns 17.4km/l; this is 1.4km/l more than the automatic variant.
The Tata Nexon diesel AMT variant returns an average fuel economy of 22.4km/l. The company has tuned the engine and the AMT transmission to achieve the same fuel efficiency as its manual variant, which returns an identical figure of 22.4 km/l as well.
The Tata Nexon rivals the Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300 in the Indian market. In a detailed comparison of the petrol automatic compact SUVs, we can report that the Nexon petrol AMT offers decent fuel efficiency figures as compared to its rivals.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza offers best-in-class-mileage with 18.79kmp/l. This is due to the compact-SUV featuring the brand's ‘SVHS' mild-hybrid system. The next model to offer better mileage in the segment is the Hyundai Venue, which returns 18.0kmp/l. However, the Tata Nexon outperforms the Ford Ecosport, which returns only 14.7km/l (lowest in the segment).
The Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300 are the only SUVs in the segment to offer a diesel-automatic powertrain option in the Indian market. While there are no details about the mileage figures of the Mahindra XUV300 diesel automatic, we expect it to be similar to that of the Nexon.
In related news, the company is gearing up to launch a turbo-petrol variant of its premium hatchback, the Altroz. The upcoming variant of the Tata Altroz is expected to be offered with a de-tuned turbo-petrol engine borrowed from the Nexon. It is also expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon AMT BS6 Mileage Figures Revealed
The mid-lifecycle facelift of the Tata Nexon improved the features and design of the compact-SUV. With an impressive mileage of 22.4km/l in an automatic variant, the Tata Nexon offers a great value proposition to buyers who are looking to purchase a diesel automatic compact-SUV because of its practicality, ease of use, and better mileage in the segment.