- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 2 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 5 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Finance RBI Allows One-Time Restructuring Of Loans: Here's What It Means For Borrowers
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Odisha FC rope in Rogerio Ramos as goalkeeping coach for new season
- News High tide of over 14 ft likely to hit Mumbai today at 1.50 pm
- Movies Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Actor Sameer Sharma Allegedly Passed Away By Suicide
- Technology OnePlus Nord Gets Oxygen OS Update; New Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Made In Heaven And Raat Akeli Hai Actress Shivani Raghuvanshi’s Distinctive Fashion Game Decoded
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Tata Motors has confirmed that a final, production-spec mini SUV based on the Tata HBX concept will launch in India during the latter half of the financial year 2020-21. The HBX concept was unveiled at the recent Auto Expo.
A production model was expected to be launched later this year, but the launch has been postponed because of the shutdown imposed in order to contain the Covid-19 pandemic. In fact, the company is currently operating with a lesser number of personnel.
Speculation is that Tata could offer their 1.2-litre, direct-injection, turbo-petrol engine with top-of-the-line HBX models. Entry level models will feature the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engines that are featured on the company's Tiago, Tigor, and Altroz models.
This engine is a BS6 compliant, three-cylinder, four valve one that produces 84 brake horse power and 113Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual & AMT with the Tiago and the Tigor, and mated only to a five-speed manual with the Altroz.
The Tata HBX will become the second vehicle, after the Altroz, to feature the company's ALFA architecture. The mini-SUV has tall and upright stance, and a muscular looking front. The interiors of the vehicle are expected to be almost similar to the HBX concept that was showcased.
Expectations are that the Tata HBX production-spec model will feature a semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, and a floating type infotainment system. Safety features will include ABS with EBD, dual airbags, a seat belt reminder alarm, an over-speeding alarm, and reverse parking sensors.
The Tata HBX is expected to be priced roughly between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom. The HBXdoes not have any direct competition at the moment. Vehicles that are closest are the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, and the Mahindra KUV100.
Thoughts About Tata Confirming Launch Of The HBX Production-Spec Model For FY 2020-21
With the whole country on a 21 day lock down, and uncertainty after, we expect most manufacturers to postpone launches towards the end of the year and early next year. We think Tata will launch the mini-SUV between January and March next year. Besides, confirming a launch ‘during a financial year' is a brilliant way so saying ‘we're launching only next year'.