- 2 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Skoda India has announced a set of offers for the Rapid sedan in the market. The Rapid sedan is being offered with benefits of up to Rs 75,000 and other perks during the month of December 2020. The Skoda Rapid is currently the brand's entry-level model sold in the country.
The discount and benefits include an upgrade offer cash discount of Rs 50,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs 25,000, after selling the old car to the dealership. In addition to this, the company is also offering a six-year warranty package. It includes an extended warranty for the fifth and sixth-year worth Rs 26,250.
The Skoda Rapid is currently available in five variants: Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The base variants of the Rapid now stars at Rs 7.99 lakh. While the top-spec Rapid Monte Carlo AT retails at Rs 13.29 lakh. All prices mentioned are before discounts, ex-showroom (India).
The company recently removed a Rapid Rider model, which was the base-level variant of the sedan. The entry-level variant of the Rapid was priced at Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India) — here are more details.
Speaking of the sedan itself, The Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm.
The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter. Skoda also claims that the AT version of the Rapid sedan will return a mileage of 16.24km/l under certified test conditions. While the manual variants return a certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, multifunction steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more depending on the variant.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid December 2020 Offer
The Skoda Rapid BS6 has been well-received in the Indian market, especially base variants such as Rider and the Rider Plus. With massive cash benefits, the retail price will be reduced increase the value of the sedan. The Skoda Rapid rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market.