- News Haven't been summoned, in Delhi for different purpose, says Sameer Wankhede
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Sports Elite Women's National Boxing Championships: World medallists Manju Rani and Jamuna Boro storm into semis
- Movies Salman Khan Urges Fans To Watch Sooryavanshi, Satyameva Jayate 2 And Bunty Aur Babli 2 In Theatres
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Skoda India has announced a set of offers for the Rapid sedan in the market. The Rapid sedan is being offered with benefits of up to Rs 75,000 and other perks during the month of December 2020. The Skoda Rapid is currently the brand's entry-level model sold in the country.
The discount and benefits include an upgrade offer cash discount of Rs 50,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs 25,000, after selling the old car to the dealership. In addition to this, the company is also offering a six-year warranty package. It includes an extended warranty for the fifth and sixth-year worth Rs 26,250.
The Skoda Rapid is currently available in five variants: Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The base variants of the Rapid now stars at Rs 7.99 lakh. While the top-spec Rapid Monte Carlo AT retails at Rs 13.29 lakh. All prices mentioned are before discounts, ex-showroom (India).
The company recently removed a Rapid Rider model, which was the base-level variant of the sedan. The entry-level variant of the Rapid was priced at Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India) — here are more details.
Speaking of the sedan itself, The Rapid is powered by a single 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. The 999cc, three-cylinder unit produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm.
The engine comes mated a standard six-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional six-speed torque converter. Skoda also claims that the AT version of the Rapid sedan will return a mileage of 16.24km/l under certified test conditions. While the manual variants return a certified mileage of 18.97km/l.
The sedan comes equipped with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, dark green-tinted windows, 16-inch alloy wheels, and abundant use of chrome across the various parts of the sedan such as the front grille and window line; among others.
On the Inside, the new Skoda Rapid includes automatic climate control, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, scuff plates, multifunction steering wheel, leather upholstery, cruise control, semi-digital instrument cluster and more depending on the variant.
Safety equipment on the Rapid includes multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, rearview camera and sensors, brake assist, auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror, ISOFIX child seat mounts, rain-sensing wipers and a host of other features.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid December 2020 Offer
The Skoda Rapid BS6 has been well-received in the Indian market, especially base variants such as Rider and the Rider Plus. With massive cash benefits, the retail price will be reduced increase the value of the sedan. The Skoda Rapid rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Honda City, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market.