- 59 min ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Technology Dixon To Manufacture Nokia Smartphones In India
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Nikki Tamboli Accuses Vikas Gupta Of Kissing Girls, Devoleena Bhattacharjee Reacts; Watch Promo
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Finance 6 Factors That Led To Over 700 Points Losses On Sensex
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Skoda has discontinued the base 'Rider' variant of its Rapid sedan offering in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid Rider was offered with a price tag of Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and came packed with all the basic features and equipment.
The Skoda Rapid ‘Rider' variant became extremely popular in the Indian market, mainly due to its affordable price tag. The variant was so popular, that Skoda introduced the ‘Rider Plus' variant, which was slightly better equipped.
With the discontinuation of the Rider variant, the Rider Plus now becomes the entry-level trim in the Skoda Rapid lineup. The new entry-level Skoda Rapid Rider Plus model is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi); still managing to be one of the most affordable offerings in the segment.
The Skoda Rapid Rider variant came powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produced 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque and was paired with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without the option of an automatic transmission.
The new Rider Plus variant also carries forward the same engine but comes with the optional 6-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The automatic version of the new entry-level Skoda Rapid variant is priced at Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Skoda offered the Rider variant with a bunch of features and equipment. This included a 2-DIN audio system with four speakers with Bluetooth connectivity, front and rear charging sockets, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system and auto AC, dual front airbags and ABS; among others.
Skoda has, however, not mentioned the exact reason for the discontinuation of the Rapid ‘Rider' variant. The Skoda Rapid is positioned in the executive sedan segment and rivals the likes of the fifth-generation Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the likes.
The Skoda Rapid is also the entry-level model in the Czech brand's product lineup in India. The current-generation model was launched in India earlier this year in May 2020. The Rider Plus variant of the Skoda Rapid, however, was introduced a few months later.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider Variant Discontinued
The Skoda Rapid is an extremely popular sedan offering in the segment. The Rapid sedan is also one of the most affordable offerings, while also being packed with features; making it a value-for-money purchase.