- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- Technology OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition Bold Black Color Option Launched: Where To Buy?
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- News NASA's Osiris-Rex spacecraft begins 2-year trip home with asteroid rubble
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Sports WWE Raw: Jinder Mahal returns with new friends; Backlash card updated
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Skoda has discontinued the base 'Rider' variant of its Rapid sedan offering in the Indian market. The Skoda Rapid Rider was offered with a price tag of Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and came packed with all the basic features and equipment.
The Skoda Rapid ‘Rider' variant became extremely popular in the Indian market, mainly due to its affordable price tag. The variant was so popular, that Skoda introduced the ‘Rider Plus' variant, which was slightly better equipped.
With the discontinuation of the Rider variant, the Rider Plus now becomes the entry-level trim in the Skoda Rapid lineup. The new entry-level Skoda Rapid Rider Plus model is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi); still managing to be one of the most affordable offerings in the segment.
The Skoda Rapid Rider variant came powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produced 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque and was paired with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, without the option of an automatic transmission.
The new Rider Plus variant also carries forward the same engine but comes with the optional 6-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit. The automatic version of the new entry-level Skoda Rapid variant is priced at Rs 9.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Skoda offered the Rider variant with a bunch of features and equipment. This included a 2-DIN audio system with four speakers with Bluetooth connectivity, front and rear charging sockets, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system and auto AC, dual front airbags and ABS; among others.
Skoda has, however, not mentioned the exact reason for the discontinuation of the Rapid ‘Rider' variant. The Skoda Rapid is positioned in the executive sedan segment and rivals the likes of the fifth-generation Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna and the likes.
The Skoda Rapid is also the entry-level model in the Czech brand's product lineup in India. The current-generation model was launched in India earlier this year in May 2020. The Rider Plus variant of the Skoda Rapid, however, was introduced a few months later.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider Variant Discontinued
The Skoda Rapid is an extremely popular sedan offering in the segment. The Rapid sedan is also one of the most affordable offerings, while also being packed with features; making it a value-for-money purchase.