- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exports Begin In India: First Batch SUVs Shipped Overseas
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 57.40 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Renault Kiger Teased Ahead Of World Premiere This Month: Will Rival Kia Sonet
- News Assam elections 2021: Polls to be held keeping in mind Rongali Bihu, CBSE exams
- Finance Future-Reliance Industries Deal Cleared By SEBI
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For January 21: You Can Win Philips Induction Cooktop
- Education RRB NTPC Phase 3 Exam Date 2021 And Schedule Released
- Sports Fulham 1-2 Manchester United: Pogba puts Solskjaer's side back on top
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 20 Highlights: Devoleena Loses Cool After Nikki Comments On Her 'Me Too' Incident
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Turns ‘Wannabe Kendall Jenner’ As She Strikes Quirky Poses In Subtle Makeup And Top Knot Bun
The Czech-based automaker, Skoda, launched the Karoq SUV in the Indian market back in May 2020. The SUV was launched in a digital event owning to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The Karoq retails at Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
According to the latest reports from Gaadiwaadi, the company managed to sell 151 units of the Karoq in the Indian market in the month of June. Skoda has sold a total of 790 vehicles in June, and the SUV's sales constitute to 19 per cent of the brand's overall sales during the previous month.
The company had also announced during the launch of the Karoq that they aim to sell a minimum of 1000 units during the current fiscal year. With 151 units sold, the company has sold more than 15 per cent of the target just in the previous month.
The Karoq arrives into Indian shores as a (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. Skoda has taken advantage of the new import rules in the country, which now dictates that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all imported vehicles have to meet International Automotive Standards.
It results in lesser import taxes and duties, that helps brands to price its products competitively. The company also announced that will plan to locally assemble the Karoq in the country. It will further reduce the price by a substantial margin due to the lesser import tax attracted for (CKD) Completely Knock Down units.
Speaking about the Skoda Karoq, the company sells the SUV in a single trim option and is available in six different colour schemes to choose from: Candy White, Magic Black, Magnetic Brown, Lava Blue, Brilliant Silver and Quartz Grey.
It is built on the brand's MQB platform that also underpins many other models including the Octavia, the Kodiaq and the Karoq's primary rival the Volkswagen T-Roc. Skoda has designed the SUV with a bold and muscular stance and stands apart from its rivals in the segment.
The Karoq comes powered by a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder TSI petrol engine producing 150bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission. Skoda claims that the SUV can accelerate from a standstill to 100kmph in 9 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 202kmph.
The SUV comes packed with a host of features inside and out. This includes all-LED headlamps, LED taillamps, a panoramic sunroof, and 18-inch alloy wheels. It also features the company's virtual cockpit design, electrically adjustable driver's seat, all leather upholstery, and ambient lighting. It will also feature an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink connectivity, and dual-zone climate control; among others.
Thoughts About The Skoda Karoq Sales Registering 151 Units In June 2020
The Skoda Karoq is placed in a premium mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. Apart from the Volkswagen T-Roc, the Karoq rivals the Jeep Compass, the Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta; among others in the India market. Despite the single powertrain option, the SUV has managed to post some numbers for the brand in the previous month.