- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Here’s Why Aamir Khan Lost Faith In Award Functions; Revealed The Reason Behind Disliking Them
- Sports India Vs Pakistan: Shikhar Dhawan recalls how Pakistani fans sledged him during 2015 World Cup match in Australia
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India announced that its employees have donated over Rs 1.2 crore to help fight against the Covid-19 crisis in the country. Both company's employees in Pune and Aurangabad have donated a day's salary to raise funds.
According to both brands, the collected funds will be used to procure 15 full-featured ventilators, 15 monitors and 3,750 (PPE) Personal Protection Equipment kits to support Covid-19 hospitals in Mumbai, Pune and Aurangabad area.
Additionally, Skoda and Volkswagen have pledged Rs 1 crore financial aid to Pune's Sassoon General Hospital that is being used to treat coronavirus patients in the city. The German automaker and the Checzh manufacturer aims to help the Indian Government during these unprecedented times.
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India has also contributed 21 tons of dry ration to needy families in Khed and Bhosari villages. They have also donated essential medicines to Sassoon General Hospital worth Rs 22.34 lakh.
Both brands have also been manufacturing reusable face shields at its Chakan and Aurangabad factories. They have distributed 12,000 face-shields to hospitals and healthcare providers in Aurangabad, Beed, Latur and Pune.
Skoda and Volkswagen India Group are also helping to treat COVID-19 patients by manufacturing various parts needed for a ventilator. Engineers from both brands have been closely working with global experts to manufacture Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices, Automatic AMBU Bags, Intubation boxes and retrofitted filtered Oxygen Masks.
Other initiatives by both brands include distribution of over 35,000 sanitizers to hospitals in Pune, Aurangabad and Mumbai, and over 50,000 food packets in the Aurangabad region. The automakers are also helping charities, municipalities, and volunteers to distribute medicines and food by using its fleet of own vehicles.
In related news, Volkswagen has launched limited-edition models of the Polo and Vento in the Indian market. The Polo hatchback and the Vento sedan limited-edition models feature a number of cosmetic updates and changes over the standard TSI model in the brand's line-up — here are more details.
Thoughts About Skoda & Volkswagen India Employees Donating Rs 1.2 Crore For Ventilators & PPE Kits
The entire country is currently tackling a huge crisis that has affected businesses. Operations are getting back on its feet after the nation-wide lockdown was partially lifted. Skoda and Volkswagen employees have done a great deed by donating a generous amount to help fight the battle during these unprecedented times.