- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
A second-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio is in the works, and reports are that the hatchback will feature a major overhaul as compared to the current-generation models that have not been witnessing good sales numbers.
The second-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio, codenamed YNC, will most likely feature that brand's fifth-generation Heartect platform, just like the Maruti Ertiga, the XL6, and the Wagon R do.
Expectations are that that hatchback will feature the same 1.0-litre K10B BS6 compliant three-cylinder engine that produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. Transmission options will include a five-speed and a five-speed automatic.
Outside of a new and upgraded exterior, the second-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to arrive with a SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Safety features will include ABS with EBD, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, a high speed alert system, and a seat belt reminder alarm.
The current-generation Maruti Suzuki Suzuki Celerio models are available in 12 variants and six colour options. The hatchback is priced between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.86 lakh, ex-showroom. Expectations are that the second-generation models will carry a premium of roughly Rs 50,000.
In Maruti related news, the brand's WagonR electric hatchback is closer to launch, and has been spotted while in the middle of tests. The vehicle was seen dressed in heavy camouflage on the street of Gurugram.
While details about the electric models are scarce, it does feature the same design that is seen on the brand's petrol powered Wagon R models. It does however feature design updates that are electric specific. To know more, click here.
In other news, the brand has also launched a loyalty program called Maruti Suzuki Rewards that has been extended to its customers across its ARENA, NEXA, and True Value outlets.
The program offers a range of benefits on services, insurance, accessories, and customer referrals. Members of the program will be able to unlock access to exclusive events and offers from Maruti Suzuki. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Second-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio
While the Celerio has been upgraded over time, a major overhaul has been a long time coming. We're sure the brand has brought several changes to the vehicle, and we are looking forward. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the news as soon as it breaks.