- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
A second-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio is in the works, and reports are that the hatchback will feature a major overhaul as compared to the current-generation models that have not been witnessing good sales numbers.
The second-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio, codenamed YNC, will most likely feature that brand's fifth-generation Heartect platform, just like the Maruti Ertiga, the XL6, and the Wagon R do.
Expectations are that that hatchback will feature the same 1.0-litre K10B BS6 compliant three-cylinder engine that produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. Transmission options will include a five-speed and a five-speed automatic.
Outside of a new and upgraded exterior, the second-generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio is expected to arrive with a SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Safety features will include ABS with EBD, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, a high speed alert system, and a seat belt reminder alarm.
The current-generation Maruti Suzuki Suzuki Celerio models are available in 12 variants and six colour options. The hatchback is priced between Rs 4.46 lakh and Rs 5.86 lakh, ex-showroom. Expectations are that the second-generation models will carry a premium of roughly Rs 50,000.
In Maruti related news, the brand's WagonR electric hatchback is closer to launch, and has been spotted while in the middle of tests. The vehicle was seen dressed in heavy camouflage on the street of Gurugram.
While details about the electric models are scarce, it does feature the same design that is seen on the brand's petrol powered Wagon R models. It does however feature design updates that are electric specific. To know more, click here.
In other news, the brand has also launched a loyalty program called Maruti Suzuki Rewards that has been extended to its customers across its ARENA, NEXA, and True Value outlets.
The program offers a range of benefits on services, insurance, accessories, and customer referrals. Members of the program will be able to unlock access to exclusive events and offers from Maruti Suzuki. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Second-Generation Maruti Suzuki Celerio
While the Celerio has been upgraded over time, a major overhaul has been a long time coming. We're sure the brand has brought several changes to the vehicle, and we are looking forward. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the news as soon as it breaks.