- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Peugeot S.A. (Groupe PSA) and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) have announced their 50:50 merger. This collaboration was defined in the Combination Agreement that was announced on December 18, 2019, last year. The new group will be called Stellantis.
Stellantis is rooted in the Latin verb "stello" meaning "to brighten with stars". It draws inspiration from this new and ambitious alignment of storied automotive brands and strong company cultures. The process of identifying the new name began soon after the Combination Agreement was announced in 2019 and the senior management of both companies have been closely involved throughout, supported by Publicis Group.
The Stellantis name will be used exclusively at the Group level, as a Corporate brand. The next step in the process will be the unveiling of a logo, but the names and the logos of the Stellantis Group's constituent brands (PSA and FCA) will remain unchanged.
As previously stated, completion of the merger project is expected to occur in the first quarter of 2021, subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by both companies' shareholders at their respective Extraordinary General Meetings and the satisfaction of antitrust and other regulatory requirements.
Jeep, which is a part of the FCA group in India is likely to launch the seven-seater Grand Compass in the country sometime next year, click here to read more. The seven-seater Jeep has also been codenamed the ‘Low D 3-row' SUV. The SUV is expected to come with a longer wheelbase compared to the regular Compass and its styling will be based on the Compass facelift.
Mechanically, the Grand Compass could be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine. Once launched in the country, the Jeep Grand Compass will go up against the likes of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Hyundai Tucson, Skoda Kodiaq, and the Toyota Fortuner.
Thoughts About The Collaboration Between Groupe PSA and FCA
FCA already has a presence in the India market through brands like Jeep, Fiat and Maserati. Now, we are expecting PSA to enter our market with the debut of its Citroen brand in the near future.