- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- News DCGI finds no link between COVID vaccine shot and 'adverse' reaction in Chennai volunteer during trial
- Sports India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Important that I try to win games for India whenever I play: Shardul Thakur
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
Jeep finally took the wraps off the 2021 Compass facelift SUV in the international markets a few days ago. The new (2021) Jeep Compass facelift features several updates, both in terms of cosmetics, as well as mechanical. The company is expected to debut the facelifted Compass in the Indian market sometime towards the end of this year or early 2021.
However, the seven-seater Jeep, codenamed the ‘Low D 3-row' SUV, which could also be badged as the Jeep Grand Compass, is likely hit the Indian market sometime next year after the company has launched the facelifted Jeep in the market.
The Jeep Grand Compass is expected to come with a longer wheelbase compared to the regular Compass. The styling of the SUV is also likely to be based on the Compass facelift. The SUV could get a revised grille and updated headlamps and bumpers. The Low D 3-row SUV is also expected to get a large third window and S-shaped trim along the roofline.
There have been rumors that the Grand Compass could be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The seven-seater Jeep Compass is expected to go on sale in India sometime during the second quarter of 2021. Moreover, the company recently launched the Compass BS6 models in India starting at Rs 16.49 lakh, ex-showroom. It also discontinued the Sport variant, making the ‘Sport Plus' the new base-variant in the SUV's lineup.
The Jeep Compass BS6 models are available with two engine options. A 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 160bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the oil burner is a 2.0-litre engine that produces 170bhp of power and a peak torque output of 350Nm. Transmission options include a standard six-speed manual and an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Thoughts About the Seven-Seater Jeep Grand Compass
The Jeep Compass has been a really successful model in the Indian market as it offers lots of space and loads of standard features and we expect the same from the seven-seater Jeep. Once launched in India, the Grand Compass will go up against the likes of the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, Hyundai Tucson, Skoda Kodiaq, and the Toyota Fortuner.