- 6 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 9 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 10 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- 11 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Teaser: Salman Khan Is Back With Bigg Boss 2020; Is Seen Farming At Panvel Farmhouse
- Sports F1 2020: Starting grid and race preview for 70th Anniversary Grand Prix
- News Arjun Meghwal tests positive for coronavirus
- Technology Redmi 9 Prime Next Sale Scheduled On August 17
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Or Rakul Preet Singh, Whose Handloom Saree Will You Choose For The Next Formal Event?
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Ola has been at the forefront of providing maximum safety for its driver-partners and customers while providing a ride-hailing service. The company is following various measures to provide a safe environment during the current pandemic times.
The latest measure taken by Ola is the new safety zones added by the cab aggregator. It has converted its fumigation centres into safety zones to help drivers get easy access to it. The safety zone allows drivers to stock on safety supplies.
Anand Subramanian, Spokesperson at Ola, said, "In many ways, our driver-partners are operating like frontline workers and are facilitating essential mobility for citizens across the country. We are committed to providing them access to high-quality solutions."
The Ola safety zone follows various procedures to ensure safety protocols are being met by the driver-partners. This including cab audits, which will ensure the availability of safety equipment such as masks, hand sanitiser, and disinfectant liquid.
In addition to this, driver's temperature is also noted down, and a health-status check via Aarogya Setu app is also performed. Alongside, the company will also update the driver's temperature on the Ola platform so customers can see it in real-time.
As for the cab itself, all vehicle interiors are thoroughly wiped down to provide a healthy and safe environment for driver-partners and customers as well. All cabs must also undergo mandatory fumigation process, performed by trained personnel using hospital-grade equipment every 48 hours. The fumigation process is offered free of cost to the driver.
If a driver fails to meet the 48-hour window, then the cab will be taken off from the ride roster and no further trips will be given by the company. To avoid this, Ola sends regular notifications to drivers along with location details of the nearest Safety Zone.
In related news, Ola has recently introduced an in-app tipping feature for its customers to reward their drivers. Customers can now reward the driver-partners for going the extra mile to deliver a safe and high-quality ride experience — here are more details.
Thoughts About Ola Adding New Safety Zones By Converting Fumigations Centres
Ride-sharing service is a huge risk of spreading the deadly virus because of many customer availing services throughout the day. As a result, we are noticing various companies including Ola who are taking extra precautions to avoid any such scenarios. It will also help keep the drivers in business by ensuring their safety as well.