- 7 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 8 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
India's leading mobility and ride-hailing company, Ola has introduced a new in-app tipping features for customers. They can now reward the driver-partners for going the extra mile to deliver a safe and high-quality ride experience.
Through Ola's new in-app ‘tipping' functionality, customers can now include a tip as a token of appreciation for their driver's commitment. Apart from India, Ola has also rolled out the new feature in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
The cashless tipping feature will appear in the final step of the payment phase. It will allow customers to select a fixed or customised amount to tip the drivers for the ride. This will translate to higher earning potential for these drivers. The feature has been rolled out across all form of rides and the company currently employs over 2.5 million driver-partners globally.
Additionally, Ola has also launched a social media campaign as ‘#SayThanksWithATip'. The campaign aims to recognise and reward those drivers who have gone above and beyond the call of duty while offering a ride to customers.
Anand Subramanian, Spokesperson at Ola, said, "Since the beginning of the pandemic, our driver-partners worked tirelessly to enable essential travel for all those in need, despite facing their own challenges. As services resume, they continue to personally invest in ensuring the safety of their customers and deliver a comfortable ride experience."
"Linking rewards to higher-quality services, we invite our customers to join us in sharing our appreciation and supporting them during these trying times. Not only will the new functionality provide an opportunity for drivers to increase their earnings but will also showcase how a small gesture of solidarity and support from customers will drive our driver-partner community to go a long way," he further added.
In related news, Ola autos have begun using a protective cover to offer an additional layer of safety to its customers and driver-partners. The protective screen has been mandated and is followed across all 120 cities that the brand operates in — here are more details.
Thoughts About Ola Introduces In-App Tipping Feature
The in-app tipping feature benefits both customers and driver-partners during the current time of contactless transaction and cash crunch. It will provide a hassle-free way for customers to appreciate their driver by rewarding them a cash tip and which will be an essential earning channel for drivers.