- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Bengaluru based cab aggregator has announced that all Ola Autos on their platform will be fitted with a protective partition between the driver and the passenger seat in order to promote social distancing and to keep all travellers safe.
In addition, the brand announced that they have set up over 100 fumigation and sanitisation centers across the country and have notified Ola Auto driver partners about a mandatory fumigation that has to be carried out every 48 hours.
Ola's new initiative is primarily for safety of everyone that is inside an auto rickshaw, and has invested in the protection screens to ensure hygiene and safety mandates are followed across all 120 cities that the brand operates in.
As part of its RideSafeIndia program, the brand has given utmost importance to cleanliness mandates, has implemented sanitisation rules and has incorporated technology across all Ola Autos at no cost to the driver partner.
Ola's signature selfie authentication technology that is in the process of being installed on the auto rickshaws ensure that all its driver partners wear masks while driving for the brand.
The company has mandated a five-layer-safety protocol across all Ola Autos. The protocol dictates that both the driver partners and passengers have to wear masks while inside the auto, mandates for regular health checks for driver-partners, and mandates that exposed parts of the vehicle are sanitised before every ride.
Mr Anand Subramanian, the Spokesperson for Ola, said, "Being ubiquitous to India, Auto-Rickshaws are one of the most economical and widely used means to commute in our country."
"With these added safety measures for Ola Auto, both driver-partners and citizens are assured of a comfortable and safe ride. Ola's five layers of safety brings the assurance of a high-quality ride, with the affordability and access of Ola Auto as a preferred first and last-mile mobility solution," he added.
In addition, all driver partners have been issued hygiene kits that include face masks, hand sanitisers and cleaning equipment. The brand also said that they ensure that the autos are fumigated and sanitised three times a week.
The brand has also introduced a flexible cancellation policy that makes it easier for either the driver partner or the passenger to cancel a ride if either party does not comply with the guidelines.
In addition, the brand is following a Government mandated rule that will allow for only one driver and up to two passengers at any point of time. As is, Ola has not released a statement about an increase in fares because of the increased operating costs.
Thoughts About All Ola Autos Fitted With Protective Screens
This is a fantastic initiative taken up by Ola. Fitting these screens at no cost to the driver partners will definitely come as a blessing in disguise. The screens protect both the driver and the passengers and will increase earning capacity for the auto rickshaw drivers.