- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Movies Executive Producer Kshitij Ravi Prasad To Be Arrested By Narcotics Control Bureau In Drugs Case
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Ola has donated Rs 50 lakh to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund to help fight the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company aims to help the government by providing relief measures and healthcare support with the funds donated.
The company has also launched an initiative called ‘Drive the Driver Fund' under the Ola welfare foundation. The programme is aimed at supporting the entire driver-partner community during the lockdown period. The Ola Group and its employees have already contributed Rs 20 crore towards this cause, while Bhavish Aggarwal, the co-founder and CEO at Ola has pledged a year's salary towards the fund.
The initiative will help its driver-partners and their families by providing essential supplies, medical help and financial support as well. To increase funds, the company is also making the ‘Drive the Driver Fund' project a crowdfunding platform for citizens and institutions to contribute towards the cause. Apart from extending support to various State Chief Minister's Relief Fund, the Ola Group also contributed a sum of Rs 5 crores to the PM-CARES relief fund in April.
Speaking about the donation made to the relief fund, Bhavish Aggarwal, co-founder and CEO at the Ola Group, said, "We are facing one of the biggest humanitarian crises of our time and the Ola Group remains committed to helping states, communities and those most affected by the pandemic. We extend our humble contribution to the State of Tamil Nadu as we work together towards fighting COVID-19. We are grateful to the men and women, who in these extraordinary times, are serving at the frontlines in these challenging times."
In related news, Ola Cabs have resumed their operations in India. The cab aggregator has started to offer their services in 100 cities across the country. The services, however, are limited to cities and areas in green and orange zones, as per the guidelines of the government.
The company has issued a 10-step guideline to their driver-partners and customers to operate during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The cabs will also be cleaned and sanitised after each ride to maintain proper hygiene during the current crisis — here are all the details.
Thoughts About Ola Donating Rs 50 Lakh To Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund To Fight Against Covid-19
The cab aggregator has made generous donations in the past and is an active participant working with the government to help fight the current crisis in the country. Ola has resumed its operations with strict guidelines to avoid the spread of the deadly virus. Kudos to Ola!