- 12 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 12 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ola has donated Rs 50 lakh to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund to help fight the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The company aims to help the government by providing relief measures and healthcare support with the funds donated.
The company has also launched an initiative called ‘Drive the Driver Fund' under the Ola welfare foundation. The programme is aimed at supporting the entire driver-partner community during the lockdown period. The Ola Group and its employees have already contributed Rs 20 crore towards this cause, while Bhavish Aggarwal, the co-founder and CEO at Ola has pledged a year's salary towards the fund.
The initiative will help its driver-partners and their families by providing essential supplies, medical help and financial support as well. To increase funds, the company is also making the ‘Drive the Driver Fund' project a crowdfunding platform for citizens and institutions to contribute towards the cause. Apart from extending support to various State Chief Minister's Relief Fund, the Ola Group also contributed a sum of Rs 5 crores to the PM-CARES relief fund in April.
Speaking about the donation made to the relief fund, Bhavish Aggarwal, co-founder and CEO at the Ola Group, said, "We are facing one of the biggest humanitarian crises of our time and the Ola Group remains committed to helping states, communities and those most affected by the pandemic. We extend our humble contribution to the State of Tamil Nadu as we work together towards fighting COVID-19. We are grateful to the men and women, who in these extraordinary times, are serving at the frontlines in these challenging times."
In related news, Ola Cabs have resumed their operations in India. The cab aggregator has started to offer their services in 100 cities across the country. The services, however, are limited to cities and areas in green and orange zones, as per the guidelines of the government.
The company has issued a 10-step guideline to their driver-partners and customers to operate during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The cabs will also be cleaned and sanitised after each ride to maintain proper hygiene during the current crisis — here are all the details.
Thoughts About Ola Donating Rs 50 Lakh To Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Relief Fund To Fight Against Covid-19
The cab aggregator has made generous donations in the past and is an active participant working with the government to help fight the current crisis in the country. Ola has resumed its operations with strict guidelines to avoid the spread of the deadly virus. Kudos to Ola!