- 50 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- News Journalism student, gym owner from Pune arrested in ISIS case
- Sports KL Rahul posts an emotional message with his cricket gears on Instagram, gets more than 3 lakh likes
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ola Cabs have announced the restart of operations in India. The app-based ride-hailing platform is said to have begun operations in over 100 cities across the country. The services, however, will be available in only green and orange zones, as per the guidelines of the government.
The decision to restart operations is as per the directives of the Home Affairs Ministry, which has allowed easing the lockdown restrictions in certain zones across India. The COVID-19 pandemic is far from over, with the central government extending the lockdown period for the second time for an additional 2 weeks.
Talking about the restart of operations by Ola Cabs, the company has introduced a new initiative, called '10-steps to a safer ride'. This new initiative acts as guidelines, which will ensure the safety of both, the customers and the driver-partners.
The initiative emphasizes the importance of cooperation from both driver-partners and customers. Further to this, the driver-partners will ensure they do not enter the red-zone at any cost. The cars will be cleaned and sanitised after each ride, while a flexible cancellation policy has also been introduced.
Ola has also mandated both driver-partners and customers to adhere to social distancing norms, sanitisation measures and personal hygiene etiquette as well. customers and driver-partners.
The company has also set up five protocols each for the customer and driver-partners to follow
For the driver-partners:
- No travel in red-zone
- Selfie-authentication with face masks
- Equipped with hygiene kits
- Cars to be cleaned regularly
- Flexible cancellations
- Wearing a mask is compulsory
- AC to be switched off
- Only 2 passengers per car
- Load and unload luggage by customers themselves
- Cashless payments
Anand Subramanian, Spokesperson and Head of Communications, Ola, stated:
"10 Steps to a Safer Ride brings together customers and driver-partners to adopt 10 best hygiene practices together for minimizing the risks of the Coronavirus on themselves and the community. In our efforts to further flatten the curve, adopting a united front by undertaking the necessary preventive measures will lead to better outcomes and in emerging stronger together."
Thoughts On Ola's '10-Steps To A Safer Ride' Initiative
The COVID-19 pandemic has scared many customers in terms of using cabs post the lockdown. However, the initiative by Ola Cabs helps customers dismiss these doubts by ensuring all safety measures are in place.