- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- Movies Minissha Lamba On Parting Ways With Husband Ryan Tham: Life Goes On & The Most Important Thing Is To Be Happy
- News Has China constructed village in Arunachal? Chidambaram demands explanation from govt on BJP MP's claim
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Nissan is gearing up to launch a new compact-SUV called the Magnite in the Indian market. The company has decided to enter the new segment and cater to the growing demand. The Nissan Magnite is expected to arrive sometime early next year.
The company has already unveiled the Magnite concept earlier giving us a glimpse of the design, and a couple of features that are expected with the upcoming compact-SUV. Ahead of its launch, the Magnite has been spotted testing a couple of times.
Latest spy images from Rushlane, reveals a completely camouflaged mule spotted testing in Pune. According to the reports, the company could be carrying out the homologation testing that is required by ARAI.
According to the regulation, all vehicles must complete a certain number of kilometres in testing before it can receive a certificate from ARAI. Once the homologation certificate is issued the vehicles are eligible to go on sale in the market.
The testing for homologation comes nearly at the end of test-phase of a vehicle. This indicates that Magnite could complete its testing-phase soon in the country. The spy images reveal the SUV to be using a couple of devices that are mounted on wheels to gather data while testing as well. However, the car itself is completely camouflage and does not reveal design or features.
Nissan recently released a walkaround video of the Magnite concept discussing its exterior and interior design details and features. Design Manager Takumi Yoneyama explains in the video about the design highlights of the new car — here are more details.
The Nissan Magnite will be using a CMF-A+ platform which is developed in alliance with Renault. As a result, the Magnite when launched will have a close rival from Renault called the Kiger.
The Nissan Magnite features a large front grille with a sleek-looking LED headlamps. It also features an L-shaped LED DRLs, giving the SUV a distinctive front fascia. It also comes with all-around blacked-out body cladding, dual-tone alloy wheels, LED split-taillights, faux skid plates at both ends, roof rails and more.
On the Inside, it features a centrally mounted touchscreen infotainment display that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and could come with the brand's connected technology as well. The air-con vents feature a unique design that compliments the funky and modern looks of the cabin.
Some of the other features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control system, a factory-fitted sunroof, semi-digital instrument cluster, and could come with a 360-degree camera as well.
Nissan could offer the Magnite with two 1.0-litre engine options. This includes the naturally aspirated unit that currently powers the Renault Triber and an all-new turbo-petrol unit for enhanced performance.
This engine will make its debut with the Magnite and is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo engine could be offered with a five-speed manual and CVT transmission options.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Compact-SUV Spied Testing In Pune Ahead Of Launch
The Magnite has a lot riding on its shoulder as it could be the product that is expected to revive sales for Nissan in the market. As a result, we expect the company to pack the compact-SUV with a host of features and help compete against its rivals in the highly competitive segment.