- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Nissan Magnite concept was recently unveiled via a digital event to the world. The company has posted a complete walkaround video of the upcoming SUV. Design Manager, Takumi Yoneyama takes us through the design highlights of the new car.
According to the designer, the Magnite feature a bold and imposing stance that is inspired by the Tiger. It also features a large front grille with a sleek-looking LED headlamps along with an L-shaped LED DRLs that adds to the distinctive looks of the SUV.
Other features include blacked-out body cladding all-around the SUV, dual-tone alloy wheels, LED split-taillights, faux skid plates at both ends, roof rails, silver accents around the window line and blacked-out ORVMs; among others.
Takumi Yoneyama, Design Manager, Nissan Motor Corporation, said, "The Nissan Magnite Concept embodies Nissan's spirit in every way. Our design approach was based on the art of sculpting and not just drawing lines on paper. We sculpted a solid and dynamic feel by carving a shape from a big, overhanging body. We followed the core of Japanese sense and aesthetic by extracting pure dynamism and shedding the unnecessary. We are proud to introduce our newest creation and we hope that our customers in India will love it."
According to the company, the interiors of the Nissan Magnite Concept is wide and spacious because of its horizontal instrument panel, followed by uniquely-shaped air-con vents that add to the cabin's funky and modern design.
They also claim the mono-form shaped sporty-looking front seats offers enhances comfort and the rear seats offer robust pattern and rich cushioning adding to the premium-ness of the car.
Nissan is expected to offer the Magnite with a host of features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control system, a factory-fitted sunroof, and semi-digital instrument cluster. It will also feature a large touchscreen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, said, "The Nissan Magnite Concept is designed in Japan while keeping in mind the requirements and aspirations of the Indian customers. The front section and the grill frame feature a vertical motion to enhance rigidness. In contrast, very sleek and sharp LED Headlamps and L-shape Daytime running light creates a strong impression. This dynamic combination gives the car a confident and bold look; special tinted red colour adds further depth and makes it look solid and vibrant."
Under the bonnet, the Magnite compact-SUV is expected to be powered by a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine, which currently powers the Renault Triber MPV. The engine on the Triber produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic gearbox.
However, the highlight of the soon-to-be-launched compact-SUV is expected to be a powerful 1.0-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine codenamed ‘HR10'. This engine will make its debut with the compact-SUV and is expected to produce around 95bhp. The turbo engine could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Walkaround Video
The Nissan Magnite certainly features an imposing stance with chunky wheels arches and a strong shoulder line. The roof rails and aggressive-looking front and rear bumpers add to the bold stance. Once launched, the Nissan Magnite will rival the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the upcoming Kia Sonet in the Indian market.