- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Japanese auto manufacturer, Nissan will be launching a new company-SUV in the Indian market, called the Magnite. Once launched, the upcoming compact-SUV will primarily rival the Hyundai Venue in India.
Ahead of its launch, the company has revealed several details about the Magnite compact-SUV. Here are all the details we know so far as reported by Autocar India.
The Magnite will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used on the Renault Triber seven-seater MPV. However, the upcoming SUV will feature a taller-riding stance with five seats to offer a spacious cabin.
Talking about the Magnite's design, the company will give a striking appeal to help their compact-SUV stand apart from the current crop of compact SUVs. The Magnite is expected to feature a crossover stance with chunky wheel arches adding to the bold looks of the SUV.
It will also feature LED lighting across its headlamps, tail lamps and turn indicators. Other exterior elements expected on the Magnite include a dual-tone paint scheme, faux skid plates at both ends, and premium looking alloy wheels as well.
Inside, Nissan is expected to pack the Magnite with a host of features offering enhanced connectivity and convenience. It is also expected to come equipped with some of the segment-first features like a 360-degree parking camera.
Other features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, climate control system, semi-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's connected technology that will make its debut on the BS6 Nissan Kicks SUV. It is also expected to come equipped with a factory-fitted sunroof.
Under the bonnet, the Magnite compact-SUV is expected to be powered by a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine codenamed 'BR10', which currently powers the Renault Triber MPV. The engine on the Triber produces 71bhp and 96Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. We expect the same setup to be used on the Nissan Magnite as well. The company could also offer an optional AMT at a later date.
Nissan is expected to spice things up by offering the Magnite with a powerful 1.0-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine codenamed 'HR10'. This engine will make its debut with the compact-SUV and is expected to produce 95bhp. The turbo engine could come mated to either a five-speed manual gearbox, or a CVT automatic transmission.
Talking about the price point of the Magnite compact-SUV, we expect Nissan to price it aggressively to help compete against its established rivals. The starting price for the Nissan Magnite is expected to be around Rs 5.25 lakh ex-showroom.
Apart from the Hyundai Venue, the Nissan Magnite will also rival the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in the Indian market.
The competition doesn't end with Magnite as Nissan's compact-SUV will also spawn a similar model in Renault's staple for the Indian market, called the Kriger. The French car maker's compact-SUV is expected to launch either by the end of this year or early-2021.
Thoughts About The Nissan Magnite Compact SUV
The compact-SUV segment in India is growing at a rapid pace with competition bringing something new and unique to the table. Whether the Nissan Magnite will make an impact in the Indian market remains to be seen. With the increasing popularity of smaller capacity turbo-petrol engines, Nissan Magnite's 1.0-litre unit with CVT transmission might be something new and unique to the compact-SUV segment.