- 38 min ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 57 min ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 16 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Birthday Celebration Pictures Of The Actor Scream Fun
- News Madhya Pradesh: President arrives in Jabalpur as part of two-day visit
- Technology Future Of Smart Home Security Could Be Beyond Cameras
- Finance How to Know Your EPF UAN and Download UAN Card?
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah wedding: Why rumour of India pacer's marriage with actress Anupama Parameshwaram is trending
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Nissan is all set to introduce its all-new compact-SUV, the Magnite in India sometime soon. Ahead of its launch in the country, unofficial bookings for the Nissan Magnite is now said to have started.
According to our sources, certain Nissan dealerships across the country have begun accepting bookings for the Magnite SUV.
Bookings for the Nissan Magnite at these dealerships can be made for an amount of Rs 25,000. With unofficial bookings having begun, this does raise expectations that the Magnite could go on sale sometime next month.
The Nissan Magnite is the brand's all-new model, designed for the Indian market. The Magnite SUV will first be introduced in India, before going on sale in other international markets at a later stage. The Magnite comes with a host of features and technology, while also carrying forward the brand's new design language.
The Nissan Magnite once introduced in India, will be available in a range of four variants: XE,XL, XV and XV Premium. While Nissan is yet to officially announce the prices for the sub-4 metre compact-SUV, previous leaked images do mention it to start from Rs 5.50 lakh, ex-showroom — here is the entire unofficial variant-wise price list.
What Nissan has confirmed though is the engine and transmission options. The new Nissan Magnite once launched in India will be offered with a choice of two engines: 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol and a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit.
The 1.0-litre NA petrol produces 70bhp and 96Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The more powerful turbo-petrol engine churns out 99bhp and 162Nm of peak torque when mated to a manual gearbox. The same engine produces 150Nm of torque when paired with the CVT automatic transmission.
The Nissan Magnite will be positioned in the highly-competitive compact-SUV segment. It will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Ford EcoSport and the likes. If the pricing as mentioned above is true, then the Magnite will become the most affordable offering in the segment, undercutting all its competitors.
Thoughts On the Nissan Magnite Bookings Open At Dealer-Level
The Nissan Magnite already seems to have created quite a positive hype around it, even before its introduction in the market. This is a good sign for the Japanese brand, which has been struggling in India recently.