- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Mahindra & Mahindra is gearing up to launch the next-generation Thar off-road SUV in the country. The off-roader was spotted testing multiple times on our roads. The next-generation MahindraThar is one of the most anticipated models from Mahindra's lineup. The company was supposed to launch the new Thar earlier this year, post the nationwide lockdown, which unfortunately has been delayed.
However, according to a video posted by the_spy_autonews, the next-generation Mahindra Thar has been spotted testing once again before its launch. This time the SUV is seen with a set on new five-spoke black alloy wheels. The new Thar will also be getting a hard and soft-top option as seen in the video.
On the Inside, the all-new next-generation Thar is expected to be equipped with a host of new features. Some of the features will be a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials flanked on either side of MID, and an automatic climate control system out of many. It will also get a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats, and a foldable key fob.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is expected to be offered with both diesel and petrol engine options. First will be an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit producing around 140bhp of power. On the other hand, there will also be a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine that will churn out 180bhp of power.
As far as the safety features are concerned, The new-gen Thar will get improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as compared to the previous-gen model. It is also expected to get ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert as standard features among a few others.
Thoughts About The All-New Next Generation Mahindra Thar
As we mentioned above, the all-new Mahindra Thar is one of the most anticipated models from the company's portfolio. With all the changes done to the exterior and interior, the new Thar is expected to offer a premium look and feel as compared to the old model. Once launched, the new Thar will go up against the likes of the Force Motors Gurkha and the upcoming Suzuki Jimny.