- 18 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Movies Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Mumbai Reception: Here Is Everything You Need To Know!
- News Farmers' unions issue dos and don'ts for tractor rally on Republic Day
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Bengaluru FC vs Odisha FC: Sloppy Odisha help Bengaluru rescue a point
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is among the most highly anticipated product launches this year. However, due to ongoing pandemic, the launch has been delayed with new timelines reported by us in the past.
However, according to the latest reports, the updated off-road SUV is all set to hit the Indian roads sometime during the festive season. Ahead of its launch, the 2020 Thar has also been spotted testing several times revealing most of the changes and updates made to the SUV.
View this post on Instagram
Spied testing in Himalayas #himalayas #leh #ladakh #mahindrathar2020 #Mahindra #mahindrarise #mahindrajeep #mahindrathar #mahindraadventure #mahindrabolero🚘 #spyshot #autocarindia #carnews #offroad4x4 #himachalpradesh #himachali #himachalpradesh
A post shared by Mr. Spy King (@the_spy_autonews) on
The latest video posted by Mr Spy King on Instagram reveals a couple of off-roaders to be testing in the high mountain ranges of the Himalayas. The company could be testing the new powertrain's high altitude off-road capabilities ahead of its launch.
Speaking of which, the new-generation Mahindra Thar is expected to be offered with both diesel and petrol engine options. This includes an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit producing around 140bhp and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine churning out 180bhp.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. For the first time, It will also be receiving an optional automatic torque converter unit.
The video showcases the new front fascia that has been revealed before. This includes an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others.
Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top as well. It is also expected to feature five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres with 255/65 R18 profile.
On the Inside, It will feature a host of new equipment including a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, and an automatic climate control system.
Some of the other features that have been revised and revealed include a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats, and a folding key fob; among others.
The new-gen Thar will also feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as compared to the older-gen model. The standard safety net is expected to include an ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert and more.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Production Ready Model Spied In Himalayas
As mentioned before, the next-generation Mahindra Thar is among the most anticipated vehicle that will be arriving in the Indian market later this year. With all the new changes, it will certainly be a premium offering as compared to the previous-generation model.
The 2020 Thar will primarily rival the Force Gurkha, which is also getting a major overhaul and is expected to launch in a similar timeline.