- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is among the most highly anticipated product launches this year. However, due to ongoing pandemic, the launch has been delayed with new timelines reported by us in the past.
However, according to the latest reports, the updated off-road SUV is all set to hit the Indian roads sometime during the festive season. Ahead of its launch, the 2020 Thar has also been spotted testing several times revealing most of the changes and updates made to the SUV.
View this post on Instagram
Spied testing in Himalayas #himalayas #leh #ladakh #mahindrathar2020 #Mahindra #mahindrarise #mahindrajeep #mahindrathar #mahindraadventure #mahindrabolero🚘 #spyshot #autocarindia #carnews #offroad4x4 #himachalpradesh #himachali #himachalpradesh
A post shared by Mr. Spy King (@the_spy_autonews) on Jul 14, 2020 at 6:54pm PDT
The latest video posted by Mr Spy King on Instagram reveals a couple of off-roaders to be testing in the high mountain ranges of the Himalayas. The company could be testing the new powertrain's high altitude off-road capabilities ahead of its launch.
Speaking of which, the new-generation Mahindra Thar is expected to be offered with both diesel and petrol engine options. This includes an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit producing around 140bhp and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine churning out 180bhp.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. For the first time, It will also be receiving an optional automatic torque converter unit.
The video showcases the new front fascia that has been revealed before. This includes an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others.
Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top as well. It is also expected to feature five-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels shod with all-terrain tyres with 255/65 R18 profile.
On the Inside, It will feature a host of new equipment including a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, and an automatic climate control system.
Some of the other features that have been revised and revealed include a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats, and a folding key fob; among others.
The new-gen Thar will also feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as compared to the older-gen model. The standard safety net is expected to include an ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert and more.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Production Ready Model Spied In Himalayas
As mentioned before, the next-generation Mahindra Thar is among the most anticipated vehicle that will be arriving in the Indian market later this year. With all the new changes, it will certainly be a premium offering as compared to the previous-generation model.
The 2020 Thar will primarily rival the Force Gurkha, which is also getting a major overhaul and is expected to launch in a similar timeline.