- 7 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 7 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 11 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The next-gen Hyundai i20 official walkaround video has been released by the company. The new-gen i20 is expected to be launched in India by next year. We bring you all the changes featured on the upcoming hatchback ahead of its launch in the country.
The video showcases the new front facia of the upcoming hatchback featuring new cascading grille, and restyled headlamps which are much sleeker as compared to the older ones. Also, the side profile has undergone a design revision as well with bold crease lines.
At the rear, the new tail lamps are connected by a light bar running across the length of the boot-lid giving it a fresh and modern look. The new-gen i20 features a new funky looking dual-tone alloy wheel design as well. As a result, the new-gen i20 becomes more appealing to the buyers.
On the inside, the 2020 Hyundai i20 has undergone a complete design revision. This includes a new dashboard design with horizontal lines running across the length of the dashboard connecting all four air-con vents. It also includes two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and the touch-screen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
The new i20 will feature the company's latest BlueLink connected car technology for smartphone connectivity, cruise control, an optional premium Bose sound system, a wireless charger, ambient lighting, and a host of other features.
The new-gen i20 is packed with a host of safety features including the company's ‘SmartSense' driving assist system with a forward-collision monitoring system. Apart from that, the standard safety net on the hatchback includes airbags, ABS, electronic stability program, and more.
Hyundai is expected to offer the new-gen i20 with a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine with 48V mild-hybrid technology paired to a six-speed iMT (intelligent Manual Transmission). This helps reduce the fuel-consumption by cutting off the engine and going to ‘Costing Mode' when the driver lifts the foot of the gas-pedal.
Other engine options would include the current 1.2-litre petrol engine and the 1.5-litre detuned diesel engine borrowed from the Kia Seltos. The transmission options include a five-speed manual or a CVT with the 1.2-litre petrol engine, a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter with the 1.5-litre diesel engine.
Once launched the next-gen i20 will rival the Tata Altroz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market. With all the features added to the 2020 Hyundai i20, we expect the company to increase the price significantly higher than the current-gen model.
Thoughts About The Next-Generation Hyundai i20 India Launch
The Hyundai i20 was launched in India back in 2008 and instantly set the benchmark for interior features in the segment. With the upcoming next-gen i20 Hyundai aims to do the same by packing the hatchback with latest tech and features. The 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine further helps the cause by adding improved performance to the list as well. Hyundai is going all-in with the features and powertrain options offered on their upcoming cars.