- 7 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Sports IPL 2021 Auction: Why Chennai Super Kings should bid for Steve Smith as Rajasthan Royals releases the Aussie
- News Republic Day 2021: University, CBSE toppers to watch parade from Prime Minister’s box
- Movies Varun Dhawan Weds Natasha Dalal: Karan Johar And Manish Malhotra Set To Attend The Ceremony!
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The 2021 Toyota Fortuner has been recently launched in the international market. The facelift model features a host of design changes inside and out with added features. We expected the full-size SUV to arrive in the Indian market much later.
According to the latest spy images from Gaadiwaadi, the facelifted model has already arrived in the country. The test mule has been spotted testing with emission equipment and is not wearing any camouflage. As a result, we expect the 2021 Fortuner to go on sale much earlier than expected.
The reports suggest that automaker can launch the new model by September in line with this year's festive season, which can add a huge boost in sales numbers. However, the Toyota is also gearing up to launch the Urban Cruiser compact-SUV which is expected to be the brand's latest offering — here are more details.
Spy images reveal most of the changes made to the exterior of the SUV, and it looks identical to the recently launched 2021 Toyota Fortuner in Thailand. This includes restyled front bumper, sleek-looking headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, redesigned blacked-out grille and the central air intake, and a new faux skid plate; among others. Other exterior updates include new LED tail lights, boot lid, new rear bumper design and 18-inch alloy wheels as well.
Moving to the interiors, the SUV features minor improvements with most of the equipment carried over from the previous model. This includes a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other additions include an updated instrument cluster, eight-way adjustable front seats, nine-speaker JBL audio system, and more.
In international markets, the Fortuner is offered with a more powerful version of the 2.8-litre diesel engine that produces more than 204bhp and 500Nm of torque. In comparison, the same engine in its current state of tune produces 175bhp and 420Nm of torque. It comes mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic gearbox.
In addition to the diesel powertrain, the current model is offered with a 2.7-litre petrol engine that produces 165bhp and 245Nm of torque. It comes mated to a five-speed manual or an optional six-speed automatic transmission.
Once launched the new Toyota Fortuner facelift model will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Skoda Kodiaq, the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the upcoming MG Gloster SUV in the Indian market. The facelifted model is also expected to receive a slight increase in its pricing when launched.
Thoughts About The 2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The Toyota Fortuner is one among the top-selling full-size SUV in the Indian market. The company is giving it a much needed mid-cycle update, that is expected to be made on the SUV's engine as well. Whether Toyota decides to introduce the 2021 Fortuner before the upcoming Urban Cruiser in India remains to be seen.