- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Tata Motors will be introducing a host of new models later this year and early next year as well. This includes full-size SUVs, compact-SUVs and a powerful variant of the brand's premium hatchback. However, latest reports suggest that Tiago is likely to be added with a new variant.
Latest spy images from TeamBHP reveals a completely camouflaged mule of the Tiago hatchback in India. According to reports, the spied hatchback was being tested by Bosch engineers and was powered by a turbocharged petrol engine paired to a manual transmission.
There are no previous reports that hit towards upcoming turbo-petrol engine on the Tiago hatchback. However, it is not the first time that the automaker has plonked a turbo-petrol unit on the Tiago.
The recently discontinued Tiago & Tigor JTP models in India were powered by a turbo-petrol engine. The 1.2-litre unit was only BS4-compliant and produced 114bhp and 150Nm peak torque. The engine came mated to a five-speed manual transmission with revised gear ratios.
However, the 1.2-litre engine is likely to make a come back as the Tata Motors do not have an intention to launch powerful models of the hatchback. It could be a new smaller-capacity power unit from the brand.
The 1.0-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular. It offers a perfect balance between performance and fuel efficiency while offering a good amount of refinement as well. Owing to the growing demand, Tata Motors could be working on its version of the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit.
After the BS6 update, the Tiago is sold with a single petrol engine option. The 1.2-litre, three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. The engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT unit.
The Tata Tiago is currently the brand's entry-level model and retails at between Rs 4.69 lakh and 6.73 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company is also currently offering attractive discounts and easy finance scheme.
In related news, Tata Motors will be adding a new turbo-petrol engine option of the Altroz premium hatchback. The new power unit will likely come paired to a DCT automatic transmission with paddle shifters. The Altroz Turbo was recently spotted testing in production-ready guise — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago Turbo-Petrol Variant Spied Testing Completely Camouflaged
Tata Motors is looking to launch a host of the model with a turbo-petrol engine owning to its growing demand in the country. With a new power unit, it could target a wider audience looking for an entry-level hatchback with a focus on performance. Whether it will be an all-new engine from the brand or updated unit of an existing unit remains to be seen.