- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 17 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Technology Dell G7 15 7500 With Intel 10th-Gen CPU & Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Paves Way To India
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Movies Ram Gopal Varma’s Disha Encounter's Trailer To Be Out On September 26
- Finance Credit Shell Refund For Only Passengers Who Booked Air-Tickets Directly: DGCA
- News Hero of the zero hour: This session of Lok Sabha saw record productivity
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Tata Motors will be introducing a host of new models later this year and early next year as well. This includes full-size SUVs, compact-SUVs and a powerful variant of the brand's premium hatchback. However, latest reports suggest that Tiago is likely to be added with a new variant.
Latest spy images from TeamBHP reveals a completely camouflaged mule of the Tiago hatchback in India. According to reports, the spied hatchback was being tested by Bosch engineers and was powered by a turbocharged petrol engine paired to a manual transmission.
There are no previous reports that hit towards upcoming turbo-petrol engine on the Tiago hatchback. However, it is not the first time that the automaker has plonked a turbo-petrol unit on the Tiago.
The recently discontinued Tiago & Tigor JTP models in India were powered by a turbo-petrol engine. The 1.2-litre unit was only BS4-compliant and produced 114bhp and 150Nm peak torque. The engine came mated to a five-speed manual transmission with revised gear ratios.
However, the 1.2-litre engine is likely to make a come back as the Tata Motors do not have an intention to launch powerful models of the hatchback. It could be a new smaller-capacity power unit from the brand.
The 1.0-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular. It offers a perfect balance between performance and fuel efficiency while offering a good amount of refinement as well. Owing to the growing demand, Tata Motors could be working on its version of the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit.
After the BS6 update, the Tiago is sold with a single petrol engine option. The 1.2-litre, three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine produces 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. The engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT unit.
The Tata Tiago is currently the brand's entry-level model and retails at between Rs 4.69 lakh and 6.73 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company is also currently offering attractive discounts and easy finance scheme.
In related news, Tata Motors will be adding a new turbo-petrol engine option of the Altroz premium hatchback. The new power unit will likely come paired to a DCT automatic transmission with paddle shifters. The Altroz Turbo was recently spotted testing in production-ready guise — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago Turbo-Petrol Variant Spied Testing Completely Camouflaged
Tata Motors is looking to launch a host of the model with a turbo-petrol engine owning to its growing demand in the country. With a new power unit, it could target a wider audience looking for an entry-level hatchback with a focus on performance. Whether it will be an all-new engine from the brand or updated unit of an existing unit remains to be seen.