- 5 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 7 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 9 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago New Tata Safari Arrives At Dealer Yard Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 25 Highlights: Vikas, Devoleena, Nikki And Rahul Get Nominated For This Week’s Eviction
- News J&K: Pilot dead as Army chopper crash-lands in Kathua, another injured
- Sports Sri Lanka vs England Test Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records and Statistics; Joe Root stars
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Technology Realme Race Launch Officially Teased; Likely To Hit The Stores In February
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan Wins Us With Her Radiant Style In Gym Wear; Much-needed Goals!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Tata Motors will be introducing a new powerful variant of the Altroz hatchback in the Indian market. Called the Altroz Turbo, it is expected to arrive sometime during the festive season this year.
Ahead of the launch, the Altroz Turbo was spied testing on India roads. The spy images from Rushlane, reveals a mule without any camouflage and looks production-ready. During the initial launch of the Altroz earlier this year, the company had confirmed that they will introduce a performance version at a later date.
The upcoming variant of the Altroz is expected to feature a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine. It is the same engine that currently powers the Tata Nexon compact-SUV in the brand's line-up. However, according to earlier reports, the engine on the Altroz will be slightly detuned.
The 1.2-litre engine on the Nexon is already BS6-compliant. It currently produces a maximum power of 118bhp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of 170Nm between 1750rpm and 4000rpm.
Alternatively, it could also feature the engine that powered the Tata JTP models which were only BS4-compliant. It produced 114bhp and 150Nm peak torque. Either of these engines is expected to be featured on the upcoming Altroz Turbo variant.
The engine is expected to come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an optional dual-clutch transmission. Additionally, the Altroz turbo variant could also feature paddle shifters adding to the sporty feel.
The Altroz Turbo could also feature a few subtle changes inside and out over the standard model to tell it apart. This could be similar to the ones that were made to the JTP models with added trims and red accents.
Tata Motors is currently offering the Altroz in two engine options: the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 85bhp and 113Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit that puts out 89bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. The company is currently not offering an automatic transmission on the Altroz even as an option.
The hatchback features LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a semi-digital instrument cluster, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls.
Once launched the Tata Altroz turbo will rival against the Volkswagen Polo TSI, and the upcoming next-gen Hyundai i20; among other turbo-petrol models sold in a similar price range. The company could price the new variant above the existing model and could be the new top-of-the-line trim.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz Turbo Production Ready Model Spied
With a production-ready model spotted testing, Tata Motors is expected to announce the timeline for the arrival of Altroz Turbo in the Indian market. Turbo-petrol engines are becoming extremely popular, especially in lower displacements. The company aims to cater to the growing demand with the upcoming hatchback in the country.