- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor India had showcased a host of new models at the 2020 Auto Expo including performance sedan, full-size SUV, MPV and more. One among the many models that were showcased was the MG G10 which is also called Maxus G10 depending on the market.
MG Motors recently launched the new-gen G10 in the Chinese market. The same model is also expected to arrive in India sometime next year. The company has priced the MPV at around Rs 15 lakh in the Chinese market. However, we expect the price to be a little more when launched in the country.
The MG G10 is a full-size MPV that is offered in a variety of seating configurations much like the Kia Carnival. The similarities go a little deeper as the MPV also features a four-row seating for nine passengers. The MG G10 MPV will be positioned as a premium MPV in the Indian market and will be a direct rival to the Kia Carnival.
The 2020 MG G10 is now offered with two engines options that comply with China's 6b emission standards, which are much like the BS6 emission standards in India. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 223bhp and 350Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic transmission.
Another engine that is on offer is a 2.0-litre diesel engine that churns out 162bhp and 375Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or an eight-speed automatic transmission. For the 2020 G10 model, the company has upgraded the interiors and also offers an optional eight-seat variant, in addition to seven-seat and nine-seat versions.
Other features include LED headlamps, a split sunroof with a larger one for rear passengers, semi-digital instrument cluster, multifunction steering wheel, a touch-screen infotainment system that supports the brand's latest connected technology, climate control, and power-operated rear sliding doors for easy ingress and egress.
In related news, MG is all set to launch a new model in the Indian market called the Hector Plus sometime during July 2020. The Hector Plus is an extended version of the standard SUV with much more convenience and equipment. The biggest difference will be the inclusion of third seating — here are more details.
Thoughts About The India-Bound MG G10 MPV Introduced In China
MG G10 will fit right in when launched in the Indian market. Buyers in the country prefer SUVs and MPVs over a sedan higher up the price bracket in recent times. However, the company's focus is currently on launching the Hector Plus as the brand's third model in the Indian market next month.