- 24 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Movies Krack: Ravi Teja-Shruti Haasan Starrer To Release On Aha On January 29?
- News AP EAMCET 2020 Phase 2 seat allotment date and time details
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
MG Motor India had showcased a host of new models at the 2020 Auto Expo including performance sedan, full-size SUV, MPV and more. One among the many models that were showcased was the MG G10 which is also called Maxus G10 depending on the market.
MG Motors recently launched the new-gen G10 in the Chinese market. The same model is also expected to arrive in India sometime next year. The company has priced the MPV at around Rs 15 lakh in the Chinese market. However, we expect the price to be a little more when launched in the country.
The MG G10 is a full-size MPV that is offered in a variety of seating configurations much like the Kia Carnival. The similarities go a little deeper as the MPV also features a four-row seating for nine passengers. The MG G10 MPV will be positioned as a premium MPV in the Indian market and will be a direct rival to the Kia Carnival.
The 2020 MG G10 is now offered with two engines options that comply with China's 6b emission standards, which are much like the BS6 emission standards in India. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 223bhp and 350Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic transmission.
Another engine that is on offer is a 2.0-litre diesel engine that churns out 162bhp and 375Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or an eight-speed automatic transmission. For the 2020 G10 model, the company has upgraded the interiors and also offers an optional eight-seat variant, in addition to seven-seat and nine-seat versions.
Other features include LED headlamps, a split sunroof with a larger one for rear passengers, semi-digital instrument cluster, multifunction steering wheel, a touch-screen infotainment system that supports the brand's latest connected technology, climate control, and power-operated rear sliding doors for easy ingress and egress.
In related news, MG is all set to launch a new model in the Indian market called the Hector Plus sometime during July 2020. The Hector Plus is an extended version of the standard SUV with much more convenience and equipment. The biggest difference will be the inclusion of third seating — here are more details.
Thoughts About The India-Bound MG G10 MPV Introduced In China
MG G10 will fit right in when launched in the Indian market. Buyers in the country prefer SUVs and MPVs over a sedan higher up the price bracket in recent times. However, the company's focus is currently on launching the Hector Plus as the brand's third model in the Indian market next month.