- 23 min ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies TV Actor Bharatwaj Rangavajjula Tests Positive For COVID-19, Confirms On Instagram
- Technology iQOO Announces World’s First 120W Fast-Charging Technology
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Fall After TRAI Suspends Its Premium Plan
- News Amitabh, Abhishek Bachchan stable, don't require aggressive treatment: Hospital
- Sports Manchester City's two-year ban lifted by CAS
- Lifestyle Alaya F Uses This Homemade Coffee Face Scrub To Get Rif Of Puffiness On The Face
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor India will launch the Hector Plus SUV in July in the Indian market. The company confirmed the launch of the upcoming SUV in India by replying to one of the queries posted on its social media platform.
The Hector Plus is a three-row variant of the standard SUV that is currently on sale in the country. The upcoming extended SUV will the third model from MG Motors in the Indian market after the Hector SUV and the ZS EV electric-SUV. The company had showcased the Hector Plus SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo in Delhi ahead of its launch in India.
As a result, some of the changes made to the upcoming SUV have been revealed as compared to the standard model. The biggest change on the Hector Plus over the start model is the inclusion of third-row seating. It also features a 40mm increase in overall length from the standard model to accommodate third-row seating and legroom. However, the wheelbase is unchanged from the Hector.
Some of the elements that are finished in chrome on the standard Hector, features a blacked-out paint scheme on the extended-SUV. This includes gloss-black finish surrounding the LED DRLs and the front grille. Other changes on the Hector Plus include a redesigned headlamps cluster, the red reflector which connected the two tail lamps on the five-seater model has not been carried forward.
Interiors of the Hector Plus features most equipment borrowed from the standard model. This includes the dashboard layout, large touchscreen infotainment screen, instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof and the brand's ‘iSmart' connected technology as well. The Hector Plus is expected to be offered in two seating configurations: a six-seater version with captain seats in the middle-row, and a regular seven-seater variant with a standard bench seat on the second-row.
Mechanically, the Hector Plus will remain unchanged from the standard model. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol produces 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre diesel churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Additionally, MG also offers the petrol engine with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the petrol variants.
Once launched, the MG Hector Plus will rival the Toyota Innova Crysta in the Indian market. The Hector Plus will be priced more than the standard model because of the new seating arrangement and added features.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus To Launch In India In July
The launch of the Hector Plus SUV was delayed by a couple of months due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in India. However, the company is all geared up to launch its third product in the Indian market. The standard Hector is well packed with features and smart connectivity, now with the added convenience of third-row seating, the upcoming SUV offers better practicality as well.