- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The 2020 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been officially unveiled in the Japanese market. The new hatchback features a host design changes to its exterior, and minor tweaks to its interiors. The new Swift is expected to launch in the Indian market by next year.
Talking about the design changes made to the exterior of the 2020 Swift, it features a new grille with a honeycomb-mesh pattern surrounded by a chrome trim, a redesigned headlight, and a more aggressive-looking front bumper. It also receives a new alloy wheel design, and dual-tone exterior paint scheme with a blacked-out roof as well.
On the inside, the 2020 Japan-spec Swift does feature few changes as compared to its older model. This includes a new dashboard design with redesigned trims, new seat fabrics, upholstery and headliners; among others. The facelifted hatchback also features additional equipment that are mostly found on the higher-spec versions. These include paddle shifters and a 360-degree camera for additional safety.
The new Suzuki Swift will continue to be powered by the same engine options. In the Japanese market, the lower-spec Swift XG is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that produces 90bhp and comes mated to a CVT with power sent to all four wheels. While the higher-spec version is called the Swift RS, features the same powertrain.
The hatchback also features mild-hybrid engine options. These include a lower-spec Hybrid MG, which is a combination of a 3.0bhp electric motor and the same 1.2-litre engine. The top-spec Hybrid SZ is a full-hybrid model that features a combination of the 1.2-litre petrol engine and a 13.5bhp electric motor, with power sent to front wheels via a five-speed AMT.
While the changes to the Japan-spec Swift are minor, the upcoming Swift facelift model in India is expected to get more upgrades. The new design changes will be similar to the ones found on the recently launched Dzire facelift and will also get a new petrol engine that features dual-injectors.
As a result, the new Swift is expected to be 7bhp more powerful as compared to its current-gen model. The fuel efficiency is also expected to increase, and is expected to become the most fuel-efficient hatchback in its segment.
In related news, Maruti Suzuki has delivered over 5,000 units of vehicles to its customers after the lockdown was partially lifted in the country. The company has restarted its manufacturing and retail operations that were temporarily suspended due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About 2020 Maruti Suzuki Swift Facelift Officially Unveiled
The new Swift looks more aggressive with a new front fascia as compared to its pre-facelift models. However, the biggest change to the India-spec model would be its all-new powerful engine with a new mild-hybrid system. The upcoming Swift is expected to bring in good volumes for the brand in the Indian market.