- 11 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- News ED files money laundering case against former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Sports Curry's Warriors take down NBA-leading Jazz, Westbrook enters record books
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Mahindra & Mahindra launched their all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market in early-October 2020. The all-new second-generation iteration of the iconic off-roader has gotten off to an excellent start in the Indian market.
Mahindra also recently announced that the Thar has already registered over 20,000 bookings within the first month of its launch. Now in a recent interview with carandbike, Dr Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra confirmed that the off-roader SUV has been booked out till May 2021.
Dr Goenka stated that the company has already increased production capacity by 50 per cent more than what it had initially planned. However, due to the production constraints, customers will have to wait for their Thar.
Although, he did assure the company is working on increasing the production capacity as much as possible, to help reduce the rising waiting period for their customers.
Mahindra started deliveries of the Thar in November 2020 and will continue to take place as the bookings sequence. The company also announced the delivery of a 1000 units of the Thar on the occasion of Diwali.
To add to the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market, the SUV recently underwent the Global NCAP crash tests, where it secured an impressive 4-star rating for both adult and child occupant protection.
The Mahindra Thar underwent a number of tests such as frontal-offset at 64km/h, side-impact and ESC tests, all conducted by Global NCAP to become the best-selling off-roader in the country. The Mahindra Thar now also offers the best child protection compared to any other car in India, a record previously held by its sibling, the XUV300 — watch the Global NCAP Crash test video here.
Reiterating the specs of the new Mahindra Thar, the SUV comes powered by a choice of two engines: a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both of them come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
The New Mahindra Thar Waiting Period
The New Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market. While the brand is working on increasing production capacity, it looks like customers will have to patiently wait it out for a while, before taking delivery of their Thar. The already iconic SUV could face further demand now with the impressive NCAP safety ratings as well.