- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Technology Amazon Upto 70% Off On Boat Headphones, Speakers, Home Theaters And More
- News Tandav makers fail to get Supreme Court’s protection from arrest
- Movies Splitsvilla 13: Ace Of Space Fame Nikita Bhamidipati Confirmed As One Of The Contestants
- Finance Route Mobile Up 100% Since Listing As FPIs Up Stake
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Mahindra & Mahindra launched their all-new Thar SUV in the Indian market in early-October 2020. The all-new second-generation iteration of the iconic off-roader has gotten off to an excellent start in the Indian market.
Mahindra also recently announced that the Thar has already registered over 20,000 bookings within the first month of its launch. Now in a recent interview with carandbike, Dr Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra confirmed that the off-roader SUV has been booked out till May 2021.
Dr Goenka stated that the company has already increased production capacity by 50 per cent more than what it had initially planned. However, due to the production constraints, customers will have to wait for their Thar.
Although, he did assure the company is working on increasing the production capacity as much as possible, to help reduce the rising waiting period for their customers.
Mahindra started deliveries of the Thar in November 2020 and will continue to take place as the bookings sequence. The company also announced the delivery of a 1000 units of the Thar on the occasion of Diwali.
To add to the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market, the SUV recently underwent the Global NCAP crash tests, where it secured an impressive 4-star rating for both adult and child occupant protection.
The Mahindra Thar underwent a number of tests such as frontal-offset at 64km/h, side-impact and ESC tests, all conducted by Global NCAP to become the best-selling off-roader in the country. The Mahindra Thar now also offers the best child protection compared to any other car in India, a record previously held by its sibling, the XUV300 — watch the Global NCAP Crash test video here.
Reiterating the specs of the new Mahindra Thar, the SUV comes powered by a choice of two engines: a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both of them come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
The New Mahindra Thar Waiting Period
The New Mahindra Thar has gotten off to a flying start in the Indian market. While the brand is working on increasing production capacity, it looks like customers will have to patiently wait it out for a while, before taking delivery of their Thar. The already iconic SUV could face further demand now with the impressive NCAP safety ratings as well.