- 6 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2021 Final Stage Results & Highlights: Kevin Benavides Wins The Rally Race
- 8 hrs ago Pierre Cherpin Has Passed Away After Crashing On Stage 7 Of The 2021 Dakar Rally
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Superb Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Audi A4 Review (First Drive): Better Than The Others In The Segment?
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 15 Highlights: Rubina Accuses Sonali Of Using Foul Language; Rakhi Locks Horns With Aly
- News 'There will be consequences on farm protests': Sharad Pawar warns Centre
- Education SSC CHSL Cut-off 2021 Tier 1 Released
- Sports Stephane Peterhansel wins record 14th Dakar Rally title
- Finance Where To Invest Ahead Of Budget 2021?
- Technology Moto G 5G Available With Rs. 2,000 Discount At Flipkart: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
Mahindra is gearing up to introduce the next-generation Thar off-road SUV in the Indian market. The SUV has been in the testing phase for a long time even before the nation-wide lockdown came into effect.
Due to the several spotting of the SUV being thoroughly tested before its launch in the country, most of the details, design changes and added features of the new-gen Thar has been revealed.
According to a spy video of the new Thar posted by HMD AutoVlogs on their Youtube channel reveals few more details of the upcoming SUV. The video reveals the wheel size of the upcoming Thar to feature five-spoke 18-inch alloys shod with Ceat CZAR A/T all-terrain tyres with 255/65 R18 profile.
Apart from this, the video showcases some of the design and details that have been revealed before. This includes an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others. Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top as well.
On the Inside, It will feature a host of new equipment over its previous model. This includes a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, and an automatic climate control system.
It will also feature a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls. forward-facing rear-seats, and a folding key fob; among others. The 2020 Thar will also feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as well. The standard safety net is expected to include an ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert and more.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is expected to be offered with both diesel and petrol engine options: an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit producing around 140bhp and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine churning out 180bhp.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. The company has also confirmed that the new-gen off-roader will be offered with an optional automatic torque converter unit.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Production Ready Model Spied Again Revealing New Details
The next-generation Mahindra Thar is among the most anticipated vehicle launch in this year. With all the new changes made to the SUV, it is expected to offer a premium look and feel as compared to the previous-generation model.
Mahindra is expected to launch the SUV either sometime in September or in October this year, which was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Alongside the 2020 Thar, its primary rival the Force Gurkha is also getting a major overhaul and is expected to be launched in a similar timeline.