- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 2 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Movies Executive Producer Kshitij Ravi Prasad To Be Arrested By Narcotics Control Bureau In Drugs Case
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The next-generation Mahindra Thar has been spied yet again ahead of its expected launch in July this year. The upcoming off-road SUV has been in the testing phase for more than a year and is the most anticipated model from Mahindra's line-up.
Spy images from Gaadiwaadi reveal a 2020 Mahindra Thar production-ready mule which is completely camouflaged. The test-mule features a red paint scheme with a factory-fitted hard-top which will be a new addition on the upcoming Thar off-road SUV.
The second-generation Mahindra Thar has been spotted testing multiple times in the country. As a result, a lot of details have been revealed about the changes made to the exterior and interior of the SUV.
The next-gen Mahindra Thar will be based on a new platform that currently underpins the TUV300 and the Scorpio model in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will have a bigger footprint as compared to the current-gen model. The next-generation Thar also features few exterior changes as compared to its previous-gen model. These include a new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others.
Mahindra has taken this opportunity to heavily upgrade the interiors of the 2020 Thar as the one from the previous-generation was basic, and did not offer much in terms of features. The interior updates on the new Thar include a floating touchscreen infotainment system that will support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and a new instrument cluster that features two analogue dials with a digital display placed in the centre, and an automatic climate control system.
Other updates include a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and power-window switches placed on the centre console positioned behind the gear lever; among others. The new interiors will also offer an upmarket feel with soft-touch materials placed across the cabin. The interiors are expected to offer a premium look and feel as compared to its previous-gen model.
Under the bonnet, the upcoming Thar SUV is expected to be offered with two new powertrain options. These include a 2.2-litre, BS6 compliant turbo-diesel and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine that was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
As per the figures revealed at the time of showcase, the 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine develops 187bhp and 380Nm of torque. The 2.0-litre diesel motor is expected to produce 140bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines are expected to come mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox. The company is also expected to offer a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission at a later date.
The 2020 Thar will also feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as it will comply with the new crash test norms that have been in effect from October 2019. Other standard safety features include ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System), a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, and a speed alert, all of which are mandated by the new safety laws.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar (2020) Spied In Production Ready Form
With the latest spy pics, the launch of 2020 Mahindra Thar is expected to happen very soon. Once launched, the next-gen Mahindra Thar will rival the upcoming 2020 Force Gurkha and the Maruti Suzuki Jimny, both of which were showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. In comparison, the Mahindra Thar has a larger cult following in India, however, both its rivals have created a massive buzz ever since their unveiling at the expo.