- 18 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You If He Isn’t Interest In A Second Date With You
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will be launched in India once the nation-wide lockdown is completely lifted in the country. The next-gen Thar has been spied multiple times ahead of its launch and is the most anticipated model from Mahindra's line-up.
According to NDTV Auto, the new-gen Thar India launch is just around the corner, however, the company is doing all it can to tackle other problems such as resuming business operations in the country, before announcing the launch of the off-road SUV.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is expected to feature a host of changes inside and out. The upcoming new-generation Thar has been in a testing phase for over a year. In due course of extensive testing, the SUV has been spied on multiple occasions and some of the changes have been revealed.
The next-gen Thar will be based on a new platform that currently underpins the Mahindra Scorpio and the TUV300Plus models in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will offer a spacious cabin as compared to the current-gen model.
Alongside the current soft-top variant, the upcoming off-road SUV will be sold with a factory-fitted hard-top as well. Other exterior changes on the next-generation Thar include a new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others.
On the inside, the 2020 Thar comes equipped with a host of new features and new interiors that are expected to offer a premium and airy feel inside the cabin. The interior updates on the new Thar include a floating touchscreen infotainment system that will support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
It will also arrive with a new instrument cluster that features two analogue dials with a digital display placed in the centre, an automatic climate control system, and a host of other updates as well. In comparison, the interiors of the current-generation Thar are basic, and do not offer much in terms of features.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is expected to be offered with two new powertrain options. These include a 2.2-litre, BS6 compliant turbo-diesel and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine. The 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine will produce 187bhp and 380Nm of torque. The 2.2-litre diesel motor is expected to produce 140bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines are expected to come mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox. The new Thar is also expected to be offered with a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission at a later date.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar Launching In India After The Lockdown Ends
The Mahindra Thar is all set to raise the bar for off-road SUVs in the Indian market with updated interiors and powertrain options. Once launched, the next-gen Mahindra Thar will rival the upcoming 2020 Force Gurkha and the Maruti Suzuki Jimny. Both models were showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and have created a lot of buzz ever since.