- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is one among the most anticipated SUV that will be launching in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the 2020 Thar in August 2020.
According to TeamBHP, the bookings for the new-gen Thar has been started. The company's dealers are unofficially accepting bookings for the upcoming off-road SUV ahead of its launch. The next-generation Thar was supposed to be launched much earlier, however, it was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar has been spotted many times in its testing phase across various parts of the country. As a result, most of the interior and exterior details have been revealed indicating the new changed made to the new-gen SUV.
The next-gen Thar will be using an all-new platform which will be bigger as compared to the prev-gen model. It will be built on the same platform as the TUV300 and the Scorpio model in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will offer increased cabin space as compared to the current-gen model.
The 2020 Thar will also feature an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others. Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top as well.
The biggest highlight on the 2020 Thar will be its fresh new interiors. Mahindra has heavily updated the interiors of the new Thar SUV, as the one from the previous-generation was basic and did not offer much in terms of features. The interior updates include a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Whether it will feature any for of connected feature remains to be seen.
Other updates include a semi-digital new instrument cluster that features two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, an automatic climate control system, a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and power-window switches placed on the centre console positioned behind the gear lever and more.
The new-generation Thar off-road SUV is expected to be offered with two new engine options: a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel unit and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine that was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to churn out 187bhp and 380Nm of torque. While the 2.0-litre diesel motor is expected to produce 140bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. An optional six-speed torque converter is expected to be offered at a later date.
The upcoming SUV will also be safer as compared to the current-gen SUV. It will feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety to comply with the new crash test norms introduced last year. Apart from that, it will also feature ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, and a speed alert, all of which are mandated by the new safety laws.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar Expected Launch And Booking Details
The new-gen Thar will be more powerful and offer more space inside with newly added features and exterior changes. It is certainly an all-new SUV and not just a mere facelift model. The next-gen Mahindra Thar will rival the upcoming 2020 Force Gurkha and the Maruti Suzuki Jimny, both of which were showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.