- 4 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 11 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: After Salman Khan’s Jokes, Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya’s Marriage Proposal
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The new-generation Mahindra Thar is one among the most anticipated SUV that will be launching in the Indian market. The company is expected to launch the 2020 Thar in August 2020.
According to TeamBHP, the bookings for the new-gen Thar has been started. The company's dealers are unofficially accepting bookings for the upcoming off-road SUV ahead of its launch. The next-generation Thar was supposed to be launched much earlier, however, it was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar has been spotted many times in its testing phase across various parts of the country. As a result, most of the interior and exterior details have been revealed indicating the new changed made to the new-gen SUV.
The next-gen Thar will be using an all-new platform which will be bigger as compared to the prev-gen model. It will be built on the same platform as the TUV300 and the Scorpio model in the brand's line-up. As a result, the upcoming off-road SUV will offer increased cabin space as compared to the current-gen model.
The 2020 Thar will also feature an all-new front fascia with a larger vertical-slat grille, new headlamps, and reworked bumpers at both ends; among others. Apart from that, it will also come with an optional factory-fitted hard-top as well.
The biggest highlight on the 2020 Thar will be its fresh new interiors. Mahindra has heavily updated the interiors of the new Thar SUV, as the one from the previous-generation was basic and did not offer much in terms of features. The interior updates include a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Whether it will feature any for of connected feature remains to be seen.
Other updates include a semi-digital new instrument cluster that features two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, an automatic climate control system, a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and power-window switches placed on the centre console positioned behind the gear lever and more.
The new-generation Thar off-road SUV is expected to be offered with two new engine options: a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel unit and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine that was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine is expected to churn out 187bhp and 380Nm of torque. While the 2.0-litre diesel motor is expected to produce 140bhp and 300Nm of torque. Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard. An optional six-speed torque converter is expected to be offered at a later date.
The upcoming SUV will also be safer as compared to the current-gen SUV. It will feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety to comply with the new crash test norms introduced last year. Apart from that, it will also feature ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, and a speed alert, all of which are mandated by the new safety laws.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Thar Expected Launch And Booking Details
The new-gen Thar will be more powerful and offer more space inside with newly added features and exterior changes. It is certainly an all-new SUV and not just a mere facelift model. The next-gen Mahindra Thar will rival the upcoming 2020 Force Gurkha and the Maruti Suzuki Jimny, both of which were showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.