- 45 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Madhya Pradesh: Curfew, prohibitory orders in parts of Bhopal
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Mahindra has launched the all-new 2020 Thar in the Indian market. The 2020 Mahindra Thar is offered with a convertible soft top on select variants in the SUV's line-up. The company has released a new video showcasing the all-new factory-fitted convertible soft-top on the new Thar.
The video also showcases how a convertible top can be folded to get access to million miles of empty skies. There three main steps involved in folding or retracting the convertible-top on the all-new Thar.
First, the person in the video unzips the rear and side screens and which is also held together by velcro. These plastic screens are then completely removed from the zip attachments from the top.
Second, the person then unlocks the two latches, which are present on the front of the car above the sun visors. These latches, when unlocked, the rooftop detaches from the car ready to be folded.
For the third and final step, all the person will do is push the top to the rear of the SUV with canvas folding with the held of guide rod placed on either side. Once it is completely pushed back, the folding procedure is complete and we have a topless 2020 Thar, giving a chance to get closer to nature.
To close the top back, one has to follow the same three procedure in a reverse manner. Unlike the old gen Thar which had removable rods, nuts and bolts to make it a convertible top, the operation on the new Thar is really quick, easy and hassle-free.
Mahindra has also given adequate waterproofing to all attaching points such as screens at the rear and side and latches at the front. It will help keep the water entering inside the cabin. However, if at all the interiors were to get wet, there is no need for owners to worry as Mahindra has given the 2020 Thar IP54 certified interiors to handle drizzle.
As mentioned before, the convertible-top on the new Mahindra Thar is limited to only a couple of variants in the SUV's line-up. This includes the AX(O) with prices starting at Rs 11.90 lakh and the LX variants which retails between Rs 12.49 lakh and Rs 13.65 lakh.
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). Here are more variant-wise prices, features and other details of the 2020 Mahindra Thar — click here.
Speaking of which, the 2020 Thar is offered in two engine and transmission options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Convertible Top
The convertible top on the 2020 Mahindra Thar is extremely easy to operate. The retracting and closing procedure is easy and hassle-free with the roof attached to the SUV at all times. However, to get this new and easy to operate convertible top on the 2020 Thar, customers will have to spend a little more and choose the AX(O) variant or the top-spec LX variant.