- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Mahindra has launched the all-new 2020 Thar in the Indian market. The 2020 Mahindra Thar is offered with a convertible soft top on select variants in the SUV's line-up. The company has released a new video showcasing the all-new factory-fitted convertible soft-top on the new Thar.
The video also showcases how a convertible top can be folded to get access to million miles of empty skies. There three main steps involved in folding or retracting the convertible-top on the all-new Thar.
First, the person in the video unzips the rear and side screens and which is also held together by velcro. These plastic screens are then completely removed from the zip attachments from the top.
Second, the person then unlocks the two latches, which are present on the front of the car above the sun visors. These latches, when unlocked, the rooftop detaches from the car ready to be folded.
For the third and final step, all the person will do is push the top to the rear of the SUV with canvas folding with the held of guide rod placed on either side. Once it is completely pushed back, the folding procedure is complete and we have a topless 2020 Thar, giving a chance to get closer to nature.
To close the top back, one has to follow the same three procedure in a reverse manner. Unlike the old gen Thar which had removable rods, nuts and bolts to make it a convertible top, the operation on the new Thar is really quick, easy and hassle-free.
Mahindra has also given adequate waterproofing to all attaching points such as screens at the rear and side and latches at the front. It will help keep the water entering inside the cabin. However, if at all the interiors were to get wet, there is no need for owners to worry as Mahindra has given the 2020 Thar IP54 certified interiors to handle drizzle.
As mentioned before, the convertible-top on the new Mahindra Thar is limited to only a couple of variants in the SUV's line-up. This includes the AX(O) with prices starting at Rs 11.90 lakh and the LX variants which retails between Rs 12.49 lakh and Rs 13.65 lakh.
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). Here are more variant-wise prices, features and other details of the 2020 Mahindra Thar — click here.
Speaking of which, the 2020 Thar is offered in two engine and transmission options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Convertible Top
The convertible top on the 2020 Mahindra Thar is extremely easy to operate. The retracting and closing procedure is easy and hassle-free with the roof attached to the SUV at all times. However, to get this new and easy to operate convertible top on the 2020 Thar, customers will have to spend a little more and choose the AX(O) variant or the top-spec LX variant.