- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Sports "I always looked up to Sardar Singh, his discipline was infectious," says India Colts midfielder Vishal Antil
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai launched the new Verna sedan in the Indian market recently. The new (2020) Hyundai Verna sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 9.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The facelift model from the South Korean carmaker offers a host of updates, both in terms of design, features and a completely new set of engine options as well.
Hyundai has replaced all the old 1.6-litre and 1.4-litre petrol and diesel units on the Verna with a new set of BS6-compliant ones. The new set of engines come in the form of a 1.5-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel offering.
Both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines have been borrowed from the Kia Seltos and also power the Hyundai Creta SUV. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol, on the other hand, first debuted on the Hyundai Venue and also powers the Grand i10 NIOS and Aura models in the brand's lineup.
Now, Autocar India has revealed the mileage figures of the petrol and diesel engines, powering the new Hyundai Verna. According to reports, the 1.5-litre diesel with the automatic transmission returns a mileage of 21.3km/l. The diesel-manual variants of the Verna offer an exceptional fuel efficiency figure of 25km/l.
Similarly, the 1.5-litre petrol engine on the Verna returns a fuel economy of 17.7km/l and 18.4km/l with the manual and automatic transmission units, respectively. Lastly, the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol which is offered with an automatic transmission as standard returns 19.2km/l fuel efficiency figures.
Apart from the impressive mileage figures from each, the engines also offer good performance and refinement as well. The 1.5-litre petrol produces 115bhp and 144Nm of torque, while the 1.4-litre diesel churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission unit.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, on the other hand, produces an impressive 120bhp and 170Nm of peak torque. It is paired with a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission as standard.
Thoughts On The 2020 Hyundai Verna Mileage Figures
The Hyundai Verna is a popular offering in the executive sedan segment in the Indian market. It rivals the likes of the Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento and the upcoming Honda City.