- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Movies Karan Johar Turns 48: Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Ananya Panday And Others Share Birthday Wishes
- News 20% beds in private hospitals for COVID-19 Patients: Kejriwal
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
New Hyundai i20 India launch is on schedule and will not be affected due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The upcoming i20 is expected to be introduced in the Indian market during December this year.
Speaking to an Interview to Autocar India, Tarun Garg, Director of Sales, Service and Marketing, Hyundai India, confirmed that the launch plans for premium hatchback was on track. However, he also confirmed that the launch of the new-gen i20 is not around the corner and will take some time.
The next-gen i20 has been unveiled globally where the company showcased all the new changes in its design and features of the premium hatchback. The upcoming i20 will also be updated with a host of powertrain options as well. They released a walkaround video explaining the new features and design changes of the upcoming hatchback — here are more details.
Speaking about the new-gen i20's design, it has undergone a complete overall revision including a new front fascia. It now features a new cascading grille, redesigned headlamps that are much sleeker as compared to the older ones. At the rear, a light bar runs across the boot-lid that merges with the new wrap around split tail lamps.
The side profile of the car has undergone a design revision as well and now features a bold shoulder line with few other crease lines. With a new dual-tone alloy-wheel design the new-gen i20 looks more premium than the outgoing model of the hatchback.
On the inside, the 2020 Hyundai i20 has undergone a complete design revision with a host of new features including a new dashboard design. It also includes two 10.25-inch displays, on for the instrument cluster, and the other being the touchscreen infotainment system.
The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the brand's latest ‘BlueLink' connected technology. The upcoming i20 is expected to borrow its connected technology from the Hyundai Venue with the same set of 33 commands featured on the compact-SUV.
Hyundai is expected to offer the new i20 with a host of new powertrain options. This includes: a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine, a 1.2-litre petrol unit and the 1.5-litre oil burner unit borrowed from the Kia Seltos, albeit in a detuned state. The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel, and a dual-clutch DCT offered on the 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit.
Once launched, the new-gen Hyundai i20 will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Tata Altroz, the Volkswagen Polo, and the Toyota Glanza; among others in the Indian market. With all the new changes, the new i20 is expected to see a substantial price increase as compared to the current-gen model.
Thoughts About The Next-Gen Hyundai i20 India Launch On Schedule
The Hyundai i20 has been a popular model in the segment, bringing in volume sales to the brand. The upcoming mid-cycle update of the hatchback is expected to attract more buyers in the segment. Also, with a host of powertrain options it will cater to a wider audience who are looking to purchase a premium hatchback to suit their needs.