- 41 min ago Turtle Wax Opens Three Premium Car Care Detailing Studios Across India
- 42 min ago Triumph Trident 660 Pre-Bookings Begin In Indian Market: Launch Expected Soon
- 1 hr ago The Valley Run 2020 Schedule Announced: Time To Burn Some Rubber
- 1 hr ago Best-Selling Bikes & Scooters In India For October 2020: Here Are The Top-Sellers Last Month!
- Movies Twinkle Khanna Comes Out In Defense Of People Who Publicize Charitable Acts On Social Media
- Sports India tour of Australia: Michael Clarke says Japrit Bumrah needs to be aggressive to Aussie batsmen
- News Reinforced, markings of Karachi, Pak hand all over in tunnel used by JeM terrorists
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Tipped To Re-Enter Gaming Landscape Today With Large Prize Pool
- Finance Complete Normalization In Vehicle Finance Sector Expected
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna In Ethnic Suit And Crop Top-Skirt, Which Printed Ensemble Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
New Hyundai i20 India launch is on schedule and will not be affected due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The upcoming i20 is expected to be introduced in the Indian market during December this year.
Speaking to an Interview to Autocar India, Tarun Garg, Director of Sales, Service and Marketing, Hyundai India, confirmed that the launch plans for premium hatchback was on track. However, he also confirmed that the launch of the new-gen i20 is not around the corner and will take some time.
The next-gen i20 has been unveiled globally where the company showcased all the new changes in its design and features of the premium hatchback. The upcoming i20 will also be updated with a host of powertrain options as well. They released a walkaround video explaining the new features and design changes of the upcoming hatchback — here are more details.
Speaking about the new-gen i20's design, it has undergone a complete overall revision including a new front fascia. It now features a new cascading grille, redesigned headlamps that are much sleeker as compared to the older ones. At the rear, a light bar runs across the boot-lid that merges with the new wrap around split tail lamps.
The side profile of the car has undergone a design revision as well and now features a bold shoulder line with few other crease lines. With a new dual-tone alloy-wheel design the new-gen i20 looks more premium than the outgoing model of the hatchback.
On the inside, the 2020 Hyundai i20 has undergone a complete design revision with a host of new features including a new dashboard design. It also includes two 10.25-inch displays, on for the instrument cluster, and the other being the touchscreen infotainment system.
The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the brand's latest ‘BlueLink' connected technology. The upcoming i20 is expected to borrow its connected technology from the Hyundai Venue with the same set of 33 commands featured on the compact-SUV.
Hyundai is expected to offer the new i20 with a host of new powertrain options. This includes: a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine, a 1.2-litre petrol unit and the 1.5-litre oil burner unit borrowed from the Kia Seltos, albeit in a detuned state. The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel, and a dual-clutch DCT offered on the 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit.
Once launched, the new-gen Hyundai i20 will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Tata Altroz, the Volkswagen Polo, and the Toyota Glanza; among others in the Indian market. With all the new changes, the new i20 is expected to see a substantial price increase as compared to the current-gen model.
Thoughts About The Next-Gen Hyundai i20 India Launch On Schedule
The Hyundai i20 has been a popular model in the segment, bringing in volume sales to the brand. The upcoming mid-cycle update of the hatchback is expected to attract more buyers in the segment. Also, with a host of powertrain options it will cater to a wider audience who are looking to purchase a premium hatchback to suit their needs.