- 3 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 4 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 7 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Aditya Narayan And Shweta Agarwal Tie The Knot; First Pictures Out After The Wedding!
- Sports India vs Australia: Net bowler Porel sent back home after hamstring injury
- News Farmers should flag specific issues in laws, Govt ready to look into them: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Technology How to Share Screen on Microsoft Teams
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
The 2020 Honda WR-V will be launching in India on July 2nd. The company has announced the launch timeline on its social media handle. The pre-booking for the upcoming compact-SUV is already underway.
The 2020 WR-V can be booked either online or through the brand's dealerships for a token amount of Rs 21,000. We have already reported the arrival of the upcoming compact-SUV to dealerships across the country ahead of its launch — here are more details.
Honda was expected to launch the facelifted SUV much before in the Indian market. However, it was postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. According to recent reports, the company announced that they have started the production of the 2020 WR-V after the nation-wide lockdown was eased.
The 2020 Honda WR-V features a host of changes inside and out, over its BS4 model. Most of the design changes are done on the front of the SUV. These include an updated grille with horizontal vents, and new LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs.
Other changes include a new C-shaped LED tail lamp unit, new 16-inch alloy wheels and other minor cosmetic changes made all around the exterior of the SUV. Some of the exterior features have been carried forward from the older model. This includes a wide chrome strip with the Honda logo, roof rails, skid plates at both ends, an electrically operated sunroof and more.
On the Inside, the facelift model features minor upgrades to the overall cabin. It features an all-new seat fabric that provides a new look to the cabin. It will continue to feature a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, satellite-based navigation, and the brands latest smartphone-connected features.
Other features include a semi-digital instrument panel, automatic climate control, a push-button for start/stop function, cruise control, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, a reverse parking camera, and a brake override system; among others.
The 2020 Honda WR-V is expected to be offered in two trim levels and two engine options. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 88 bhp and 110 Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The 1.5-litre diesel unit churns out 100bhp and 200Nm of torque, and comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission. There are no automatic transmission options on both the engines offered by the company.
Once launched, the Honda WR-V will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Hyundai Venue, the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. The BS6 model is expected to receive a slight increase in its pricing because of the updates.
Thoughts About The Honda WR-V BS6 India Launch On July 2
Honda is gearing up to launch a host of new models next month. They seem to start thighs of the with the updated WR-V compact-SUV. It will be followed with the launch of the most anticipated 2020 Honda City as well. The WR-V continues to be offered with both engine options in its BS6 avatar, which could be a huge advantage for the brand.